Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩. Great recipe for Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩. Lunch meal is very important for us the whole family living in the tropical country in West Sumatra. Mix veges of french beans or cabbage, some carrots & tomatoes, chayote or jackfruit, bean curd and boiled eggs. 😗 While for the big eaters: add extra beef/chicken.😍 Teresa SE My mom's Gado-gado Padang (mix Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 #mycookbook In Indonesian language, gado-gado literally means mix-mix.
One dish salad meal (potato, egg, tempeh and vegetables) with gado gado peanut sauce. Here is how you achieve it. It has many kind of different ingredients. You can have Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 using 42 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩
- You need 4 of med potatoes peeled,slice thickly,put in a doubl pot steam 20'.
- It’s of Cabbage slice largely,cook in a saucepan with 2 tbs water for 5'.
- It’s of French beans precook first: to steam on a double pots for 16' or.
- Prepare of Spinach or Kangkung blanched in saucepan with 2 tbs water for 5'.
- You need 2 of Bean Curds: cut in 1/2 then slice thickly,.
- You need of then fry in the wok filled with a hot oil, fry until golden.
- It’s 100 g of Bean sprouts, pouring hot water to soften.
- It’s 2 of carrots cut thin shape1×2.5cm,boil in saucepan little water 5'.
- It’s 1 of big onion chopped finely, fried until half brown in a hot oil,.
- You need of Divided in half and half; other half onions.
- It’s of are for decoration &these has to continue to fry till dark brown.
- It’s 1/2 of Cucumber sliced.
- It’s 4 of Small bunches of soft Lettuce (optional).
- Prepare 4 of eggs boiled for 6 min, peeled, cut into segments.1 egg/person.
- You need 4 cups of Warm water from the kettle as needed.
- You need 1-2 Tbs of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare of Kerupuk emping or Kerupuk merah/red: cracker chips to put on top.
- Prepare of or Cassava chips (from cassava root) sold in supermarket.
- It’s of KETUPAT cakes (press cooked rice) or LONTONG rice.
- You need of Banana large leaf as base bed place on top of the plate.
- It’s of How to make PEANUT sauce:.
- You need 500 gr of raw peeled Peanuts.
- Prepare of Rice Bran Oil ('Alfa one' brand, good for food).
- It’s of In a wok put 1 inch oil, heat the oil,then add the peanuts, keep.
- Prepare of stirring & fry till change slightly the peanut's colour(beidge),.
- Prepare of then quickly remove the wok,drain the oil. Let cool the peanuts.
- Prepare of Other ingredients for the Peanut Sauce:.
- You need 3/4 cup of can Coconut Cream (optional).
- You need 300 mls of or more water from the kettle.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves (Daun salam).
- You need 3 of lemons/kaffir lime leaves, teared at sides of the leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Sweet Soy sauce (Kecap manis).
- Prepare 4 tbs of Java coconut sugar(dark brown sugar, toffee flav) or.
- You need 2 tbs of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt or more.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tamarind paste or 2 tbs white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of lemon/lime leaves, teared at sides leaves.
- Prepare of Spicy paste for the Peanut sauce:.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 10 of fresh red chillies.
- Prepare 2 cm of square slice terasi,fry dried on saucepan for 7" each side.
- It’s of (or 1 tsp dried shrimp paste/mackerel fish paste).
The peanut sauce is the essential dressing that make it a gado-gado. It brings together the different taste and texture of the ingredients. No gado-gado without the peanut sauce. #pib. Tom shared his meatballs filled with peanut sauce on wednesday and I than got a comment from Cheese & Chinese that they have a love for peanut sauce etc.
Mom's Gado-gado Padang (Cooked Mixed Veges w/ Peanut sauce) 🇮🇩 instructions
- Prepare the spicy paste: In a food processor put garlic, fresh chillies and the warm dried terasi..
- In a food processor put the cooled fried peanuts. Grind them until become a crunchy butter texture..
- In a wok on stove on medium heat put the water q.b., put the warm water, add the half fried cooked onions, spicy paste, peanut crunchy butter, bay leaves, lemon leaves, salt, jawa coconut sugar, soft brown sugar, sweet soy sauce or and coconut cream, tamarind paste or white wine vinegar: stirring all together & slowly bring to boil then lower down the heat, keep stirring. Put extra water if necessary to not having a concentrated gravy sauce. Taste the season, vinegar & the sugar..
- Cook gently for 2 minutes more. Turn off the heat. Pour the hot peanut sauce in a big serving jar. (When ready to serve on individual dish: pour the peanut sauce abundantly all over on the top of the veges)..
- To serve for 4 peoples: put the softened banana leaf on individual plate. Divide all the vegetables display nicely on each plate: arrange cooked potatoes over the banana as bed, then on top put the cabbage then French beans or a little of spinach, bean curd slices, cucumber, bean sprouts or carrots.Insert the lettuce on the side.On top of veges put a few of the Kerupuk on one side, sprinkle the dark brown dried fried onion on top centre, put the boiled eggs segments on top other side of the dish.
- Finally the gado-gado dish is completed arranged. Lastly pour abundantly the peanut sauce all over top. To those lover of extra hot: a put on the table a jar of Sambal Oelek..
God, this is becoming a long story. A peanut sauce recipe in an old coconut milk-stained cookbook supplemented with my mom's handwritten notes is a case in point. See recipes for Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) too. Heat the oil in a small pan or saucepan. Cook the onion and garlic until tender then mix in the ginger.