Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe). Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia and Central Asia. These are sharing, feasting bites of vine-leaf wrapped joy from chef Philip Juma. Carefully flip the dolma pan on to a large tray, and serve in the middle of the table.
This recipe has been passed down in my family for many years. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make. Possibly the most time consuming might be rolling up the vine leaves. You can cook Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe)
- It’s 4-5 of onions 🧅.
- It’s 1 lb of Grape leaves ☘.
- You need 1 of cabbage.
- You need 1 + 1/2 cups of rice🍚.
- It’s 1 lb of beef🥩.
- You need 1/4 of celery 🌿.
- You need 1 of Tomato 🍅.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of onion 🧅.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomato sauce 🥫.
So what makes Iraqi dolma (دولمة عراقية) different from other stuffed vegetables of the Arabian region? Dolma is my all-time favorite Mediterranean dish! This recipe comes from my mother's-mother's family and has never been written down until a year ago. After forty-five minutes of translation and talk between my mother and grandmother, I finally have it down in print!
Dolma (famous Iraqi recipe) instructions
- Boil the onions for 5 minutes and open them, as well as grape leaves for 2-3 minutes..
- After washing the rice and soaking it for 15 seconds, the meat will be mixed, mixed with tomato and onions, cut into small cubes, then put a tablespoon of eating salt and black pepper with spices and a little tomato sauce..
- This how we do it.
- The same we put the mix in side grape leaves..
- The final things..
Dolma is a most famous and traditional dish of Iraqi. The dolma is a special Iraqi recipe, consisting of various stuffed vegetables including onion skins and vine leaves. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make. Gather your family, close friends, and neighbors, and start making dolma! The dolma is a special Iraqi recipe, consisting of various stuffed vegetables including onion skins and vine leaves.