Imitation Crab Rice Dumplings. Add the tofu to the shiratamako, and knead until all of the lumps have disappeared. Add the tofu a bit at a time. Add water and the ◎ ingredients to a pot, bring to a boil, add the cut and washed daikon radish sprouts and shredded imitation crab meat, and bring to a boil.
Krab and Rice Primavera Minute Rice. You can use imitation crab instead of lump crab meat. The dumplings can be made ahead and frozen for later use. You can have Imitation Crab Rice Dumplings using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Imitation Crab Rice Dumplings
- You need 60 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 60 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 7 stick of Crab-flavored processed fish sticks.
- You need 5 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 12 of pieces Cheese (cut into squares).
- Prepare of The sauce ingredients:.
- You need 100 ml of Mentsuyu (diluted; about the same as for soba).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ●Katakuriko.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ●Water.
- Prepare of ＊.
- It’s 1 of Shichimi spice.
- You need 1 of Toasted sesame seeds.
Place uncooked dumplings on a baking sheet, making sure they are not touching. Stir in the egg until the rice is coated. Increase heat to high, and mix in the crabmeat, green onions, and cilantro. Prepare Spanish rice mix per the package instructions omitting the tomatoes.
Imitation Crab Rice Dumplings instructions
- Cut the imitation crab into chunks, and cut the shiso leaves and cheese into 1 cm cubes..
- Add the tofu to the shiratamako, and knead until all of the lumps have disappeared. Add the tofu a bit at a time..
- Add ingredients in step 1 to step 2 and mix..
- Divide the mixture in step 3 into 12 equal portions, and wrap a piece of cheese up in each ball..
- Put the balls in boiling water. Remove them about 30 seconds after they have surfaced..
- Let the balls cool in cold water or ice water. Thoroughly drain on paper towels.★You can also leave them hot, if you wish..
- In a pot, bring the mentsuyu to a boil and thicken with the katakuriko..
- Stick decorative picks if you like, and arrange onto a plate. Add the sauce from step 7, and sprinkle shichimi spice and sesame to taste. It also tastes great with nori seaweed..
While rice cooks, sauté onions and bell peppers in a small amount of olive oil until soft and lightly caramelized. Add imitation crab, shrimp, and salad shrimp. Cook just until raw shrimp becomes opaque. Imitation crab is a highly processed food made by combining minced fish with starch, egg whites, sugar, salt and additives to mimic the flavor, color and texture of real crab meat. Once rice is cooked, while rice is still hot stir in crab meat, shrimp, and sauteed vegetables.