Stuffed okara. Cooked to a delightful crispness and garnished with chopped cilantro, this dish is best served with hot rotis or Indian flat bread. If, for some reason, you cannot find it, leave it. Bharwa Bhindi (Stuffed Okra) is a popular Indian side dish where the okra is stuffed with spicy & tangy masala filling.
This dry, shallow fried, spicy masala stuffed okra (also known as Bhindi) is a heavenly experience in every bite and can be served as a starter or main course accompanied with rice, roti, dal, ….it also tastes awesome as a starter. Bharwa Bhindi is a popular Indian side dish where the okra (bhindi) is stuffed with a spicy filling. This vegan dish goes really well with flatbread like roti or paratha. You can cook Stuffed okara using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed okara
- It’s 300 gms of okra.
- You need 4 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- You need of Cumin seeds-1tsp.
- It’s of Curry leaves-8.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- It’s of Stuffing-.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Roasted peanuts.crushed coarsely.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Roasted sesame,coarse powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mango powder or lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need of Salt -to taste.
Bhindi aka okra, is one of my favorite vegetables. In India, we cook okra a lot and almost everyone likes it. Bharwa Bhindi or Stuffed Okra is a popular Indian side dish in which bhindi (okra / lady finger) are stuffed with a tangy and spicy masala filling. The key ingredient to make this dish is the spicy bharwa (filling) masala that is made of garam masala, turmeric powder (haldi), red chillies, salt and other curry spices.
Stuffed okara instructions
- Wash bhindi and spread on a cloth.
- Trim the edges and make a slit in the centre lengthwise.
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients for stuffing and mix well..
- Stuff okras with this stuffing and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin seeds,mustard seeds,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When seeds start crackling add the stuffed okras and the left over stuffing masala.
- Cook on slow flame with out covering the pan.
- Keep stirring in between so it will get a nice colour from all the sides..
Bharwa Bhindi is a popular Punjabi dish where the Okra (Ladys finger) is stuffed with dry and tangy spices and shallow fried. This is no onion no garlic recipe. The spices used for the stuffing are easily available in any Indian kitchen. Add the stuffed okra and spread them around the vessel in a single layer. Add any left over stuffing and cook on low medium flame without lid.