Mixed vegetable rice. Ingredients for Easy Mixed Vegetable Rice It is so simple to make I almost didn't want to write this up. All you need is rice, chicken bouillon, garlic and some mixed veggies. In a large saucepan, combine the rice, water, soup mix and salt; bring to a boil.
Melt Parkay in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and peas; cover. Reduce heat to medium and add vegetables to rice mixture. You can have Mixed vegetable rice using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mixed vegetable rice
- It’s of Rice ingredients.
- It’s 3 cups of basmati rice.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 sticks of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- You need of Salt to taste.
- It’s of Vegetable ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of chopped okra.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped bringles.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced potatoes and coated with some orange food color.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped coriander.
- It’s 2 of green chili.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ginger minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped capsicum.
- You need of Saffron/orange food coloring.
- Prepare of cooking oil for frying.
Spread the mixture out to the sides of the pan, leaving space in the middle for the eggs. Fact is, you can make "rice" out of all sorts of firm vegetables, from cruciferous ones like cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli (including the stems), to sweet root vegetables like carrots, beets. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots and green pepper and fry for a minute.
Mixed vegetable rice step by step
- Cooking the vegetables On medium heat, fry onion, potatoes, okra, bringles, green chilli until golden brown. Fry the carrot and capsicum for 1 min. Remove them from the frying pan and put them on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- Cooking the rice Wash and rinse out the rice and then soak for about 30 minutes. In a large pot, add cinnamon sticks, black pepper, cumin, salt, 1 tablespoon of oil and water, and bring it to boil on medium heat. Once it boils, add the pre-soaked rice and cook until it is about 3/4 cooked (al dente). Drain away all the excess water..
- In a baking tray, put half of the rice and spread it well. Add a layer of fried potatoes, okra, bringles, green chilli and half of the onions. Sprinkle ginger and garlic..
- Add the second half of rice, sprinkle saffron or orange food coloring, the remaining onion and coriander..
- Cover with foil, and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15minutes..
- Serve warm with roasted beef, fish or chicken. You can use any vegetable of your choice. I sometimes use peas and sweet corn. Enjoy 🌹.
Then add in the mushrooms and peas. Once done, place the vegetables in a dish and put to one side. Homemade Vegetable Rice – One Pot Recipe Ingredients and substitutes. Rice – I love basmati rice and almost all my rice dishes use basmati. But you can make this with jasmine or other rice as well.