Okra dry fried #vegancontest. Return the okra to a dry colander and shake off excess cornmeal. Return the okra to a dry colander and shake off excess cornmeal. Dip okra in buttermilk, then roll in cornmeal mixture.
Dredge okra in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly. Carefully place okra in hot oil; stir continuously. Reduce heat to medium when okra first starts to brown, and cook until golden. You can cook Okra dry fried #vegancontest using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra dry fried #vegancontest
- It’s of Okra-210g.
- It’s of Salt-to taste.
- It’s of Cooking oil-1tablespoon.
- Prepare 1 of Onion-.
- It’s of I clove garlic.
- You need pinch of Ginger powder.
- Prepare pinch of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Tomato paste.
Dry-fried okra would be fantastic on its own when seasoned with salt and pepper. However, the addition of ground pork and ya cai (芽菜), a unique preserved vegetable from Sichuan, makes the dish even more intriguing with layers of flavors. Y a cai is available at most Chinese grocery stores. Place un-cut okra pods in a bowl of cold water.
Okra dry fried #vegancontest step by step
- Clean your okra well.
- Chop you okra onion and garlic.
- Heat oil on low heat add your onions and fry till soft.
- Add the okra while stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir add the ginger and paprika keep stirring.
- Add tomato paste stir till its all incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Drain and discard tip and stem end of okra pod. The okra must be completely dry. Next, add the cumin seeds and once they begin to brown or splutter, add the onions and serrano pepper. In the meantime, rinse the okra and pat dry with paper towels. Slice the stems off; discard (You may also cut them into bite-size pieces if you wish).