Okra Soup. Combine tomatoes, lima beans, okra, potatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, and tomato paste in a large soup pot. Pour chicken stock over mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in shredded chicken.
It shows up on the menus in the tea rooms that open every spring in church parish halls in the Lowcountry, and is often paired with a pimento cheese sandwich. It's a deeply flavored, tomato-based, meaty soup that always has as its foundation a delicious beef bone. Okra Soup Okra is often boiled or fried and served as a simple side in soul food restaurants, but in Charleston it often comes as a luscious vegetable soup with tomatoes, onion, and celery. You can cook Okra Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Okra Soup
- It’s 20 pieces of Okra(washed and Grated).
- It’s 1 kg of Beef/Goatmeat.
- You need 2 of Red onions(Grated).
- Prepare of Yellow pepper (diced(.
- It’s of Dryfish(washed and deboned).
- Prepare of Stock fish.
- You need cubes of Knorr.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- You need of Okpei(local seasoning).
- It’s 1 of cooking spoon Palm oil.
- Prepare of Hand full Dry Shrimp.
This tomato, corn, and okra soup us a Creole-style combination. You'll find the combination of okra and tomatoes frequently in Creole and Southern cooking. Okra has long been a classic Southern ingredient. The okra pod actually hails from Africa and was introduced in the U.
Okra Soup instructions
- In a pot, wash and season your meat and stock fish with onion, salt, Knorr,Yellow pepper and cook for about 5mins to get d meat stock, then add more water to d level of d meat and cook till done..
- Wash and grate the Okra and set aside..
- Once the beef is done and d stock reduced, add your crayfish and palm oil and bring to a boil on high heat..
- Next add your Okra,dry fish, shrimp and Onion and cook for about 2-3mins to get a little crunch on the Okra..
- Taste for salt and correct accordingly..
- Your Okra Soup is ready. You can have it with Eba, Semo, Pounded yam, Amala.
The nutritional benefits of okra soup Okra is packed with all kinds of terrific nutrients. It's a high fiber food, which helps lower cholesterol and helps with digestion. This soup is based on an old family favorite recipe for chicken tortilla soup from back in the days I still ate… well, everything. Despite losing the dairy, tortillas, and peppers, this AIP adaptation still has a delicious, vaguely enchilada-like flavor (which I attribute to the okra). In a soup kettle, combine oil or drippings and flour until smooth.