Okra Soup. Combine tomatoes, lima beans, okra, potatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, and tomato paste in a large soup pot. Pour chicken stock over mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in shredded chicken.
Okra soup is resolutely old school. It shows up on the menus in the tea rooms that open every spring in church parish halls in the Lowcountry, and is often paired with a pimento cheese sandwich. It's a deeply flavored, tomato-based, meaty soup that always has as its foundation a delicious beef bone. You can have Okra Soup using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Okra Soup
- It’s 10 of Okra fruits.
- You need 1 of Smoked Titus Fish.
- You need 1/2 of kilo of chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dry grounded pepper.
- It’s 2 of table spoons of crayfish.
- Prepare 2 of cooking spoons of red oil.
- You need 1 of knorr cube.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onions.
This tomato, corn, and okra soup us a Creole-style combination. You'll find the combination of okra and tomatoes frequently in Creole and Southern cooking. Okra has long been a classic Southern ingredient. The okra pod actually hails from Africa and was introduced in the U.
Okra Soup instructions
- Slice okra and beat in a mortar.
- Slice onions thinly.
- Remove bones and skin of smoked fish and wash with lukewarm water and salt..
- Wash chicken properly and add sliced onions with salt to taste and boil on light heat until tender.
- Add beat okra in boiled chicken with crayfish and grounded pepper.
- Add 1/2 litre water. Stir the chicken, pepper, crayfish, okra and boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cooking oil, washed smoked fish and allow to boil for another 2minutes.
- Add seasoning and salt to taste and boil for an additional two minutes.
- Serve with wheat, fufu, eba or any swallow of your choice..
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery, and garlic. The nutritional benefits of okra soup Okra is packed with all kinds of terrific nutrients. It's a high fiber food, which helps lower cholesterol and helps with digestion. In a soup kettle, combine oil or drippings and flour until smooth.