Smoked Turkey Breast. More Flavor Than Mass-Market Turkey Brands. America's Leader in High-Quality Cookware & Tools, Electrics and Entertaining Essentials. The smoked turkey will be especially delicious as leftover sandwiches!
Place turkey on upper cooking grate; cover with smoker lid. Smoked Turkey Breast is a winning choice for your Thanksgiving table or any dining occasion. This turkey breast is bursting with smoky flavor, incredibly moist, and super tender too. You can cook Smoked Turkey Breast using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked Turkey Breast
- Prepare of Brine.
- It’s 1 gallon of water.
- It’s 1 cup of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Rub.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rosemary.
- It’s 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
When the smoker is up to temp place the turkey breast on the grill grate. I like to use oak charcoal briquettes then add my chunks of wood for the smoke flavor. With turkey, I use seasoned wild cherry wood. Smoked turkey breast is a rather easy endeavor.
Smoked Turkey Breast step by step
- Mix all ingredients except soy sauce for brine in large pot and bring to a rolling boil..
- Stir in soy sauce and allow to cool completely. Once cool, place turkey breast and brine solution in an oven bag and let it sit in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours..
- Combine all ingredients for rub in spice grinder and grind into powder..
- After turkey has been in the brine for 12 to 24 hours, remove from liquid, rinse, and pat dry with paper towel..
- Apply rub to turkey and try to get some under the skin..
- Start smoker using wood of your choice. I use oak and apple. Bring temperature up to 325°..
- Put turkey in aluminum pan and put in smoker. Baste turkey with butter every 45 minutes or so..
- After a couple of hours check to see if turkey has reached desired color you're looking for. If it has, cover with foil and continue cooking until an internal temperature of 165° is reached..
- Remove from smoker and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy..
When the smoker is preheated, place the pan with the turkey breasts into the smoker. Remove the net from the turkey breasts being careful to not disturb the crust more than necessary. This applewood smoked turkey breast is rubbed with a blend of warm spices and smoked over a bed of coals and applewood. It is moist, tender, and delicious! Growing up, a turkey was just meat you ate once a year at Thanksgiving.