Pav Bhaji. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice. Pav bhaji is basically a mix of mashed & spiced vegetables in a gravy.
Pav bhaji is the most delicious dish through which kids can eat as many veggies as you want them to! Potatoes, tomatoes, green peas all mashed together with spices and lemon and paired with buttery. Pav Bhaji is a combo dish of Pav (meaning bread), and bhaji (meaning curried vegetables). You can have Pav Bhaji using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- Prepare 2 cups of Potatoes boiled and mashed.
- It’s 8 of nos pav.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Cauliflower grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of capsicum finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of onions finely chopped.
- You need 1 of &1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 cups of Tomato chopped fresh.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tomato puree.
- You need of salt as per taste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pav bhaji masala.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon slices.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice (optional).
Mumbai Paav Bhaji, the King of Indian Street Food, is an immensely gratifying meal, that will transport you to a gastronomical bliss. Pav Bhaji is not only a sure shot party pleaser, but also a wholesome satisfying weeknight dinner. Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add ¾ cup chopped onions and saute. When they turn golden add ginger-garlic paste and saute..
- Add cauliflower and saute. Add mashed potatoes and mix. Add fresh tomato puree and ready made tomato puree and mix well. Add ¾ cup water and mix and cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Add green capsicum and mix well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Add red chilli powder and lemon juice and mix. Add butter and mix.Add chop coriander leaves and mix..
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with remaining onion and a lemon slice and serve hot with pavs..
Street food doesn't get better than this! This Pav Bhaji Recipe is spicy, so flavorful and can be easily made vegan by replacing butter with vegan butter! Blend in a mixer along with all the remaining ingredients till smooth. pav bhaji recipe easy mumbai style pav bhaji recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a world-famous fast food dish or perhaps the king of the street food from the western state of maharashtra. the recipe is an amalgamation of vegetables spiced with a unique blend of spices known as pav bhaji masala and served with soft bread roll aka pav. Pav bhaji is a common street food of Maharashtra Bhaji is an eclectic mix of vegetables It is vey easy to make quintessential bhaji at home Each time you think about Maharashtrian cuisine, it does.