Pav bhaji. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice. Pav bhaji is basically a mix of mashed & spiced vegetables in a gravy.
Pav bhaji is the most delicious dish through which kids can eat as many veggies as you want them to! Potatoes, tomatoes, green peas all mashed together with spices and lemon and paired with buttery. Pav Bhaji is a combo dish of Pav (meaning bread), and bhaji (meaning curried vegetables). You can have Pav bhaji using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pav bhaji
- You need 1 of big potato boiled and mashed.
- Prepare 4 tsp of chopped capsicum.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled mix vegetables (carrot, cauliflower, beans).
- It’s 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 of chopped green chilli.
- You need 4 tsp of pav bhaji masala.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Kashmir red chilli powder.
- You need Pinch of dry mango powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 5 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of big onion finely chopped.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Mumbai Paav Bhaji, the King of Indian Street Food, is an immensely gratifying meal, that will transport you to a gastronomical bliss. Pav Bhaji is not only a sure shot party pleaser, but also a wholesome satisfying weeknight dinner. Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav bhaji step by step
- Place the butter in a flat pan and then turn on the flame on low.when the butter melts down completely add the green chilli, ginger garlic paste. Mix for 2 minutes on a medium flames..
- Add onion with pinch of salt. Cook until it become golden in colour. Then add the chopped capsicum, cook for another 3 minutes..
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and some more salt. Cook this until is become mushy.now add Pav bhaji masala mix well for 4 minutes..
- Add the boiled vegetables. Mix well and mashed them a bit with a masher.then add mashed potato and salt.mix very well..
- Add a cup of water. Mix slowly for 4-5 minutes. Now mash everything very well with a masher.add some more water and cook for another 10-15 minutes..
- Add chopped coriander levels and turn off the flame.in another pan toast the buns with some butter and serve it hot…enjoy….
Street food doesn't get better than this! This Pav Bhaji Recipe is spicy, so flavorful and can be easily made vegan by replacing butter with vegan butter! Pav bhaji is a common street food of Maharashtra Bhaji is an eclectic mix of vegetables It is vey easy to make quintessential bhaji at home Each time you think about Maharashtrian cuisine, it does. This video shows how "Pav Bhaji", a very popular street food in India, is made. It has been shot at midnight at one of the food stalls (called "Chandan Laxmi.