Shepherds Pie low carb. This cauliflower shepherd's pie is not only low carb but easy to put together! We love serving it alongside some roasted radishes for the perfect meal. This low carb keto shepherd's pie recipe (a.k.a. keto cottage pie) is pure comfort food bliss!
Chop cauliflower and steam it until very tender. Remove from heat, mash well & season to taste. To keep the meal low carb/THM S: Since shepherd's pie is really an all-in-one meal, we usually don't go crazy on the side dishes. You can cook Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- It’s of pie.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- It’s 2 cup of carrots.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of mushroom.
- It’s 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- It’s 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- It’s of mashed cauliflower.
- You need 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 pints of water.
Either a tossed green salad with a yummy homemade vinaigrette, or some extra sautéed green beans or zucchini is all we need. In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside. In same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain fat. This keto Low Carb Shepherd's Pie uses wholesome, delicious ingredients.
Shepherds Pie low carb instructions
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
It may be low in carbs but it's full of flavor. You and your family are bound to love it! Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. Access keto meal plans and articles.