Pav bhaji. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice. Pav bhaji is basically a mix of mashed & spiced vegetables in a gravy.
Pav bhaji is the most delicious dish through which kids can eat as many veggies as you want them to! Potatoes, tomatoes, green peas all mashed together with spices and lemon and paired with buttery. Pav Bhaji is a combo dish of Pav (meaning bread), and bhaji (meaning curried vegetables). You can have Pav bhaji using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pav bhaji
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste each.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cauliflower.
- Prepare 4 of Potatoes (boiled & mashed).
- Prepare 3 tbsps of pav bhaji Masala.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 4 cubes of butter(To toast the pav & for garnishing).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leave.
- Prepare 8-10 of Pav.
Mumbai Paav Bhaji, the King of Indian Street Food, is an immensely gratifying meal, that will transport you to a gastronomical bliss. Pav Bhaji is not only a sure shot party pleaser, but also a wholesome satisfying weeknight dinner. pav bhaji recipe easy mumbai style pav bhaji recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a world-famous fast food dish or perhaps the king of the street food from the western state of maharashtra. the recipe is an amalgamation of vegetables spiced with a unique blend of spices known as pav bhaji masala and served with soft bread roll aka pav. Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream.
Pav bhaji instructions
- Boil cauliflower, peas, carrots and potatoes..
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute ginger garlic paste & then stir in onions. Cook until onions are brown. Add tomatoes, and cook until pasty. Stir in cauliflower, peas, carrots and potatoes. Mash them properly.
- Season with pav bhaji masala. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and stir in lemon juice..
- Toast the pav and spread lightly with butter. Serve garnished with chopped onion, coriander leaves & lemon wedges..
Blend in a mixer along with all the remaining ingredients till smooth. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter. Street food doesn't get better than this! This Pav Bhaji Recipe is spicy, so flavorful and can be easily made vegan by replacing butter with vegan butter! Pav bhaji is a common street food of Maharashtra Bhaji is an eclectic mix of vegetables It is vey easy to make quintessential bhaji at home Each time you think about Maharashtrian cuisine, it does.