Pav Bhaji. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice. Pav bhaji is basically a mix of mashed & spiced vegetables in a gravy.
Pav bhaji is the most delicious dish through which kids can eat as many veggies as you want them to! Potatoes, tomatoes, green peas all mashed together with spices and lemon and paired with buttery. Pav Bhaji is a combo dish of Pav (meaning bread), and bhaji (meaning curried vegetables). You can cook Pav Bhaji using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 of Green Chillies chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Onion chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Tricolor Bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1 cup of Carrot chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Peas (I have used frozen).
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Pav bhaji masala.
- It’s 2 cups of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 3 cups of Potatoes boiled and mashed.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh cilantro chopped.
Mumbai Paav Bhaji, the King of Indian Street Food, is an immensely gratifying meal, that will transport you to a gastronomical bliss. Pav Bhaji is not only a sure shot party pleaser, but also a wholesome satisfying weeknight dinner. Pav Bhaji – a spicy curry of mixed vegetables (bhaji) cooked in a special blend of spices and served with soft buttered pav (bread bun shallow fried in butter), is any Indian food lover's dream. Pav Bhaji is popular Indian street food where dinner rolls/buns are served with spicy mashed veggies topped with dollop of butter.
Pav Bhaji step by step
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add garlic and green chillies, let it saute for a minute or two..
- Add onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, bell peppers and carrots. Cook it for 2-3 minutes..
- Add florets, peas, spices and tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add mashed potatoes. 3 tbsp of Butter, kashmiri Chilli powder and cover it and cook for 10-15 minutes..
- Yummylicious bhaji is ready..
- Add butter to a pan, rock salt, and coriander, gently cut pavs from center and toast pavs..
- Serve with chopped onions, coriander on top and few drops of lemon on it..
Street food doesn't get better than this! This Pav Bhaji Recipe is spicy, so flavorful and can be easily made vegan by replacing butter with vegan butter! Pav bhaji is a common street food of Maharashtra Bhaji is an eclectic mix of vegetables It is vey easy to make quintessential bhaji at home Each time you think about Maharashtrian cuisine, it does. This video shows how "Pav Bhaji", a very popular street food in India, is made. It has been shot at midnight at one of the food stalls (called "Chandan Laxmi.