Pav Bread Bhaji. You may have to go to a nearby Asian Indian store to get the 'Pav Bhaji Masala' that is the special spice to bring the flavor (Masala means spice). Bhaji is the vegetables cooked with spice. Seive the maida and salt in a separate bowl.
Pav bhaji has a bright orangish red color. Pav Bhaji is a combo dish of Pav (meaning bread), and bhaji (meaning curried vegetables). Mumbai Paav Bhaji, the King of Indian Street Food, is an immensely gratifying meal, that will transport you to a gastronomical bliss. You can have Pav Bread Bhaji using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pav Bread Bhaji
- You need 1 of Lichen.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Garlic chopped.
- You need 1 of Carrot chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 2 of Potatoes mashed.
- It’s 1/2 of Capsicum chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
- It’s As needed of butter.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Beans chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Cauliflower.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 pinch of black Pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green peas.
Pav Bhaji is not only a sure shot party pleaser, but also a wholesome satisfying weeknight dinner. PAV BHAJI, is a popular Indian street food recipe that is worth the hype. It is a comfort food with the right amount of veggies and buttered bread to give you that "I ate GOOD feeling". My recipe is basic with no healthy alternatives, sorry folks.
Pav Bread Bhaji instructions
- To make the bhaji heat oil & butter in a pan, add lichen and saute..
- Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Saute them for 3-4 mins. Now add chopped beans, carrots and capsicum..
- Add salt and toss for 5 mins Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder..
- Stir for a while and add boiled & mashed potatoes, peas, tomatoes and cauliflower..
- Cook for few minutes and add pav bhaji masala..
- Now add water and let it boil together for sometime and then serve it with pav or bread whatever you get hold of :).
You can make changes, but what I am sharing is the real deal of a recipe! Take this Pav (bread) Bhaji (vegetable curry) for example. An uncomplicated dish where a spicy (almost) smooth textured vegetable stew is served with a nicely toasted buttered bread. Nothing fancy, in fact its easy to put together. Pav bhaji is a fast food dish from India.