Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes". Cut florets from heads of cauliflower. Add cauliflower to boiling water; return to boiling. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Drain well; do not let cool and pat. Cauliflower mashed potatoes are a terrific alternative to ordinary mashed potatoes. You can cook Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped dill.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chives.
Cauliflower replaces some of the potatoes, giving the dish the same consistency, flavor, and texture as regular mashed potatoes but with fewer calories. If you're making this as a side dish for a routine family dinner then just serve it as soon as you finish making it. If you are making it for a family gathering and you have to travel with it then the best way to transport the cauliflower mash is. Cauliflower mashed potatoes are a mixture of cauliflower, onion, garlic, and your favorite dairy of choice all blended up into creamy deliciousness.
Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" step by step
- Break the cauliflower up into florets and steam until softened, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a potatoe masher or immersion blender. Mash/blend the cauliflower until you get a smooth consistency. You're going for mashed potatoes here, hence the name..
- Serve just as you would mashed potatoes.
Now, we understand that cauliflower isn't the most exciting vegetable in the world. However, it tends to take on any flavor you pair it with and there are so many ways to prepare it. These Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are a creamy vegetable side that's easy to prepare, with less carbs than your usual mashed potatoes, but just as smooth and creamy! I'm always a little suspicious of lighter recipes that are substitutions of classics, but mashed cauliflower is legitimately delicious. Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and season with salt and pepper.