Cauliflower Bake. In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted margarine. Season with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and mix well. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
Roasted cauliflower is delicious whether you do cauliflower steaks, popcorn or roast it whole. Find recipes for roasted cauliflower topped with parmesan, curry, or garlic for the win. To dress up cauliflower, Mom used a delightful mixture of a cheesy sauce, bright red and green pepper pieces, and crushed cornflakes. You can cook Cauliflower Bake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Bake
- Prepare 1 Head of Cauliflower.
- Prepare 4 Strips of Bacon.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Ground Beef (Roughly).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Instant Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese (Grated).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Butter (Melted).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Parsley Flakes.
Meanwhile, in the same bowl, whisk together the sour cream and heavy cream, until smooth. Drain cauliflower, and return to saucepan. Lay the bacon strips on the baking sheet, and bake until crisp. Remove the bacon and cauliflower from the oven.
Cauliflower Bake instructions
- Wash and prep cauliflower. Season and coat with olive oil. Roast in oven at 400 F for about 45 minutes..
- Cook bacon and set aside..
- Sauté onions, garlic and ground beef in pan after cooking the bacon. Drain and set aside..
- Put roasted cauliflower in blender (or food processor. Mine died) along with melted butter. Pulse. Begin adding milk and pulsing. Blend until you get a rather smooth mixture. Some chunks are fine. Remove and put in bowl..
- Hopefully now, everything is at room temperature. Add Parmesan cheese along with the sautéed vegetables and ground beef. Chop and add in 3/4 of the bacon. Mix..
- Now… the mixture was looking slightly runny and I was worried about it holding together. I opted to add in some instant mashed potatoes to absorb some of the liquid along with an egg. Add that in and mix..
- Place into a loaf pan… or really any pan that you want. Top with enough cheddar cheese to cover it and the remaining bacon..
- Place into a preheated 350 F oven. Bake about 30 minutes. It’s done when the cheese is melted and browned. Top with parsley flakes to give it an attractive personality..
Stir the cauliflower, return it to the oven, and continue baking until its cooking time is up. Roast until the florets are soft and begin. Drain, and transfer to a medium baking dish. How to Make Cauliflower Bake Start by melting butter in a skillet over medium heat. Then, add the cauliflower florets, onions, oregano and garlic.