Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. These red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting are the perfect Lofthouse style sugar cookie that are thick, pillowy soft and slathered with cream cheese frosting. They're perfect for Christmas or Valentine's Day, and if you love red velvet – then these cookies are definitely for you.
Make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla on medium-high speed until very light, creamy, and smooth. On low speed gradually add in the sugar and beat until fluffy. Spread frosting over each cookie with a small offset spatula. You can have Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 1 box of Red velvet cake mix.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 6 tsp of Butter melted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s of Frosting.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of Bar of cream cheese.
Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack. Cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together. Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting These are easy-to-make cookies, but the batter is very thick.
Red Velvet Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Mix all cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet ( I use a greased foil sheet).
- Bake @ 375 for 9 minutes.
- For frosting mix all ingredients. Spoonful frosting on a cooled cookie and place another cookie to form a sandwich.
The flavor is out of this world! Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Instructions In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and food coloring, and mix for another minute or two until smooth and creamy.