Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Chickpeas, GF DF EF SF NF. I really hope you like it! *You can use greek yogurt if not avoiding dairy or plain soy / coconut yogurt strained through a cheesecloth in place of the cashews if avoiding nuts. Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Chickpeas, GF DF EF SF NF instructions. Put the chicken and vegetables in a roasting tray, drizzle with the oil and toss together.
When it is nice and hot, add the chicken to the pan, spreading it in a single even layer. Mix the tahini and the remaining herbs. Coat the chicken thighs with ras el hanout and salt. You can have Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Chickpeas, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Chickpeas, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 4 of chicken legs (thighs & drumsticks).
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 2 of parsnips, diced.
- It’s 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, wedged.
- It’s 3 tsp of rag-al-hanout seasoning, see my recipe link below.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 400 grams of can of chickpeas, drained.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of chopped tomatoes.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the chicken. Moroccan chicken is essentially stewed or braised chicken with deep, lovely flavors from a special Moroccan spice rub (which I tell you all about in a second), along with aromatics, fresh lemons, and green olives. And as Moroccans are known to do, we add in some dried fruits to balance things out. I chose a mixture of raisins and dried apricots.
Vickys Moroccan-Style Chicken & Chickpeas, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 450°F.
- Put the chicken and vegetables in a roasting tray, drizzle with the oil and toss together.
- Sprinkle over the seasonings and toss again, then place the chicken on top roast for 40 minutes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358307-vickys-ras-el-hanout-moroccan-spice-mix-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- Remove the chicken and let rest on a warm plate covered in foil while you finish the vegetables off.
- Put the roasting tin with the vegetables on the stove top over a medium heat and add in the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Let simmer for a few minutes to thicken then plate up and place the chicken legs on top.
- Serve with cous cous and warm flatbreads to stretch the meal a bit further.
Sweet and savory stewed chicken with dried fruits and exotic spices. Serve this on top of couscous and top with toasted almonds and fresh cilantro. Children love the familiarity of the 'sweet' spices and dried fruits. Transfer the chicken to a large plate; when cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and discard. I cooked up some couscous with cinnamon & raisins and served the chicken and veg over the couscous.