My Mommas Famous Potato Salad. Drain the potatoes, and place in the refrigerator to cool. Mom's Famous Potato Salad; Mom's Famous Potato Salad. ET/PT, or stream full episodes on the Watch OWN app.
Boil potatoes and cut into cubes, cool. Cut the vegetables and eggs up to whatever size you prefer. Combine veggies with potatoes and toss. You can have My Mommas Famous Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mommas Famous Potato Salad
- You need 12 of potatoes.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of 30 fl oz of miracle whip.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onion.
- You need 1/2 jar of of sweet relish.
- It’s 1 of black pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 of seasoning to taste (seasoning salt/creole seasoning).
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 pints of half and half.
Add mayo, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper to taste. Mom's Famous Potato Salad This recipe has been handed down for generations in my family, but my mother takes the credit for the secret to making it so delicious. There is never much left over at parties and grown men have requested second helpings in lieu of desserts, or a "little of that potato salad with my cake" at numerous affairs. Her Fudge and her Potato Salad.
My Mommas Famous Potato Salad step by step
- boil potatoes until done.
- boil eggs until done (not over cooked).
- let potatoes and eggs cool in fridge for about 20 mins (just enough to cool down).
- chop potatoes and boiled eggs into a bowl.
- add relish, miracle whip, seasonings, sugar, half and half and green onion.
- fold all ingredients together until well mixed.
- when well mixed you want to garnish with hard boiled egg slices and sprinkle top of salad with paprika.
- serves a bunch!!.
I am not exaggerating when I say famous. I have seen people PAY her to make these dishes for their family functions, and I have to confess, they are both stupendous. So when my mother told me that was my dish for our family dinner, my heart stopped. I mean, it's not like you are bringing just any dish to the table. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays.