Beef/fish pan pie. Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. These Trini beef & fish pies are the perfect recipe that'll keep the kids busy for the carnival weekend or the ideal treat to take to the Savannah or Carnival lime. The incorporation of butter with the Cuisine All Purpose Flour leads to a crumbly and delicious crust.
With chunks of tender beef and tasty vegetables under a flaky pastry crust, this pure comfort food will welcome your family home. Add beef in batches; shake to coat. Cut out circle and set aside. You can cook Beef/fish pan pie using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef/fish pan pie
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1/4 of of beef(meat).
- It’s 1 of fish.
- Prepare 10 of medium Irish potato.
- Prepare 250 g of butter(1 simas butter).
- Prepare 1 of tspn of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 of medium size of cabbage.
- Prepare 5 of big carrots.
- You need 3 of tblspn of peas.
- Prepare 15 pieces of green beans.
- It’s 2 of big size of onion.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Mixed seasoning (mixed maggis).
- You need 1/2 tin of milk of g/nut oil.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- Prepare Handful of spring onion.
- You need to taste of Spice(ginger & garlic).
- You need 1/2 of tspn of thyme.
- It’s 2 of sweet pepper.
- You need 6 of red pepper.
- It’s of Pan(small cake pans and some soup plate).
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
In same skillet, saute beef in oil until browned. Stud the onion with the cloves. Stir in the potatoes, vegetables, soup, water, Worcestershire and thyme. Place the pie crust over the beef mixture and crimp the edges to seal.
Beef/fish pan pie step by step
- Wash and pound the soft beef or u can use minced meat….wash the fish and boil it with onion and garlic.. After boiling the fish,remove the bone and crush the flesh…mix it with the pounded/minced beef… Pound the peppers and garlic with ginger…pour it all on top of the mixed beef and season it with ur mixed seasoning cubes… Add the thyme,onion,spring onion and mix all together to marinate for 1hr…
- Wash and peel the potato chop it into 6 cube shape…wash and cut the green beans,chop the carrots into cube shapes and wash the peas too…add all in the pot and add 1 cup of water..boil all till soft.. Mash all together and set aside.
- Wash and chop the cabbage…and set aside.
- For the dough In a bowl add flour,baking powder, 1/3 of butter and keep the remaining one aside for rubbing the pans and the dough,add pinch of salt,1 seasoning cube and mix all together till you get crumbs flour..break the egg and pour on top of the flour..mix it all together very well. And and 1/2 cup of water mix it well..if the dough is sticky just be rubbing butter not flour,the dough should be lil soft..keep it to rest in the fridge for like 15-30m..D dough shld look yellow like this…
- For the filling In a pan when hot pour oil when hot add slice onion and the marinated beef/fish..slightly Cook it for 5mins and add chopped cabbage stir it and add the fish stock and 10tblspn of water… Stir all together and cover it to cook for 5mins…
- After that 5mins add the mashed potato and mix well..cover to Cook for 3-4mins and turn off the flame…
- Bring the dough out rub butter and make a small balls out of it and flatten the dough very wide…rub the pan with butter and place the flattened dough to cover the pan very well..add the filling to the pans and make another flatten dough to cover the pan very well..use fork to make holes on top..
- Do it all and preheat the oven before placing the pies in the oven…make a flat dough and strap it to write the HBD DEAR..wash it with egg and bake it for 25-30mins.
- After 30mins remove it from the oven and place it on the oven rack/wire to cool..and you have your pan pie ready to go with pap, tea or chill soft drink..
Cut slits in the top of the crust with a knife. These easy Fish Pot Pies are packed full of tender fish and a rich creamy sauce, then topped with a pastry disk and baked to golden perfection. They can be made in advance or frozen ready for dinner next week. Easy to make, these Fish Pot Pies will be your new favorite comfort food. Cut a slit in the pastry to allow steam to escape and lay the sheet of pastry on top of the meat mixture (you don't have to crimp or seal–laying on top is sufficient).