Turkey Sweet-Potato Shepherd's Pie. A Richly Spiced Sweet Potato Filling Topped W/ Marshmallow Meringue. Healthy Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pierecipe is filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. A satisfying sweet potato recipethat's comfort food without the guilt!
Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the fat in. This Thanksgiving-inspired version of Shepherd's Pie is wonderful year-round. Savory turkey is mixed with a touch of stuffing and a layer of vegetables, all topped with a fluffy and sweet potato mixture. You can cook Turkey Sweet-Potato Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Sweet-Potato Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and grated.
- It’s 4 of celery sticks, diced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 5 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz).
- You need 1 of banana (ripe).
- Prepare 5 dash of hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of yellow sharp cheddard.
- You need 2 cup of turkey or chicken stock.
Don't have time to make from scratch? Then simply substitute your turkey dinner leftovers! Add the sweet potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
Turkey Sweet-Potato Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a deep skillet or a Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add turkey meat and break up with a wooden spoon, season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning..
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot, cover with water, cover pot, bring to a boil, salt and cook 15 minutes until tender..
- While the sweet potatoes cook, preheat the oven to 425F..
- Mix in onions and carrots into the turkey. Add the celery and stir, cook 5 minutes. While vegetables are cooking, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add flour to melted butter and whisk 1 minute then whisk in stock and season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire. Thicken a few minutes..
- Stir the gravy into the turkey mixture. Stir peas into meat and turn heat off..
- Drain potatoes and return pot to heat. Add remaining butter and melt over medium heat. Peel and slice banana and add potatoes to the pot. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and a few dashes hot sauce. Mash potatoes and banana to combine, adjust seasoning. Top the meat with the potatoes. Cover potatoes with cheese and set in oven. Bake to melt cheese, 5 minutes..
This Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie is a delicious and healthy spin on the traditional British Shepherd's Pie made with lean turkey meat and sweet potatoes! Sweet Potato and Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Ground turkey is combined with vegetables and an easy gravy, then topped with cheesy mashed sweet potatoes in this Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. A great change up from the original! Clean Eating Turkey and Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie An updated skinny version of the classic Shepherd's pie, made with ground turkey instead of beef or lamb, sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and lots of veggies.