~Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Crumble~. Try Creating This Sweet Potato Pie With Marshmallow Meringue. Sweet potatoes are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and enriched with cream, brown sugar, and maple syrup for the flavorful filling of this pie. A candied pecan topping takes it over the top.
Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork. filling: drain sweet potatoes add to bowl with all ingredients mix well with hand mixer, taste for seasonings now roll out crust onto floured surfaced. Make pecan topping: In medium bowl, with mixer, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon. You can have ~Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Crumble~ using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ~Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Crumble~
- It’s of pie crust.
- You need 1 cup of crisco.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of ap flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of ice cold water.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 of 40 oz can sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cloves seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of pumpkin pie seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of pecan crumble.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecan.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of tab butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
This crumb topped Sweet Potato Pie never disappoints. The pecan-crunch streusel is really what sets this particular sweet potato pie apart, adding a decadent praline layer with a crunchy crumb topping. Serve a big slice with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream for a bonefide treat. Then, add the cooked sweet potatoes to a large bowl along with the eggs, butter, milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
~Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Crumble~ instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- your pie crust add flour, salt, crisco, and sugar into bowl cutting crisco in with a fork or 2butter knives. Scramble eggs and ice cold water add to flour mixture and incorporate..
- once your crust is complete wrap in seran wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- filling: drain sweet potatoes add to bowl with all ingredients mix well with hand mixer, taste for seasonings.
- now roll out crust onto floured surfaced. Place into pie dish add filling and bake for 30minutes. then you will add your pecan crumble and bake another 35-45 minutes.
- pecan crumble: mix all ingredients together will be crumbly add to pie at 30 minute cook time and put back into oven another 35-45 minutes.
- let cool decorate to taste…
Once the sweet potato base is done, you can move onto the pecan crumble topping. Stir in pecans until evenly mixed. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot or dutch oven and cover them completely with water. Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover them with water. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil.