Curry_Potato. This rich, aromatic potato curry is an easy and delicious meatless recipe. Serve with roti and yogurt for a fantastic weeknight dinner. How to make potato curry Potatoes: Peel potatoes and slice into chunks.
Add the curry powder, paprika, cayenne, cumin, allspice, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add the potatoes and mix well until well-coated in spices. Add the chickpeas and stir to incorporate. You can have Curry_Potato using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Curry_Potato
- Prepare 20 pieces of Potato(irish).
- It’s of Sweet pepper 5,red pepper 5,scotch bonnet 4,onion 2,and parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoning cubes,onion powder&black pepper.
- It’s of Veg.Oil 2 cook spoon, ginger and garlic paste.
In a food processor fitted with the slicing blade, slice potatoes; set aside. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and saute until toasted.
- Peel potatoes,wash and put into a pot and sprinkle little salt.Allow to parboil until almost cooked.Strain and set aside..
- Cut onions,sweet pepper and red pepper into rings, heat pan,add oil when hot add garlic,ginger paste and onions stir for some minutes then add red pepper,sweet pepper,grated scotch bonnet and stir..
- Add seasonings,spices and potato stir well.Cover and allow to cook for some minutes in a low heat. Remove from heat and Sprinkle some parsley..
Toss potatoes with sea salt, pepper and fresh cilantro, and serve hot. ''Trini'' Curry Potatoes Probably the most popular curry in Trinidad. It is omnipresent in traditional Trinidadian dishes: in the rotis, the thalis and on almost every menu. For a perfectly well-balanced vegetarian dish, add cooked chickpeas or pigeon peas. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.