Sweet and Savory Burdock Root and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry. Great recipe for Sweet and Savory Burdock Root and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry. I had an excess stock of burdock root and sweet potatoes. Precooking in the microwave makes this a quick-prep dish. (But be careful not to over cook, or the sweet potatoes will break apart!) Potato starch is used to.
Toss in green and red bell pepper and sauté for about a minute before adding the onion. Fit the processor with grating blade and grate sweet potatoes. Put oil in a large nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Sweet and Savory Burdock Root and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Savory Burdock Root and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
- You need 1 of Burdock root.
- You need 1 of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 of Red chili pepper.
- You need 1 of Sesame oil.
- You need of Seasoning ingredients:.
- You need 2 tbsp of ① Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ② Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ③ Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ④ Soy sauce.
- It’s of Other:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 2 tsp of Toasted sesame seeds (for stir-frying).
These spicy Chinese-style stir-fried sweet potatoes use several different heat sources to get their fiery taste and coat the crispy spuds, but their lovely soft and sweet insides provide a wonderful contrast, and ever so temporary relief from the burning chili exteriors. Salty-Sweet Pork Stir-Fry with sweet potato. Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Salty-Sweet Pork Stir- The delicately sweet and savory sauce of simple ginger, garlic, star anise, fresh orange juice, aromatics and coconut oil is all you need to enjoy a quick bowl of comforting orange sweet potato stir fry.
Sweet and Savory Burdock Root and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry step by step
- Chop the burdock root and sweet potatoes into 1 cm matchsticks, and soak in 2 separate bowls. Thinly slice the red chili pepper into rounds (keep half of the seeds)..
- Drain the water from the burdock root and sweet potatoes, put in a steamer (or heat-resistant glass dish), then briefly microwave. About 3 to 3.5 minutes at 600W..
- Add sesame oil to a saucepan (or frying pan), add the burdock root and sweet potatoes, and sauté until brown. If they aren't cooked through evenly, cover with a lid and steam cook..
- Add the red chili pepper and lightly sauté, then add seasoning ingredients 1 to 4 in the order listed, and continue sautéing..
- Add sesame seeds, and katakuriko dissolved in a little water, then coat the vegetables evenly. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle sesame seeds (a generous amount) and serve!.
This delicious Chinese Stir Fry is happily gluten-free, vegan, cardiac friendly and if you swap out the regular potatoes for all sweet. I love hearty, healthy entree soups, and a bowl of this southwestern sweet potato-soup really satisfies. I add a can of chickpeas for protein, making it ideal for an easy dinner. And it reheats and even freezes beautifully, so I often make a double batch. —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas Cooking your stir fry. First, cook your veggies over medium-high heat in a tablespoon of vegetable oil.