Butternut squash and goat cheese soup. Posted By Savita Soups Sides American Healthy Winter Autumn. Tender and sweet roasted butternut squash with tangy goat cheese, aromatic thyme, little heat, and crunchy pumpkin seeds! Just bring the bread, my friends, because dinner is ready!
Another possibility is some gorgonzola or just some sour cream. But personally, I think goat cheese is the superior choice. When soup is simmering, stir in butternut squash and bring the mixture back up to a simmer. You can have Butternut squash and goat cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash and goat cheese soup
- It’s 1 of Butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow bell pepper.
- You need few of Celery stick.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 250 gms of Goat cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of Lime juice (optional).
- Prepare as required of Any other seasoning of your choice (optional).
Remove soup from heat and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Add goat cheese to soup and stir until cheese has melted. Add milk to soup and stir to combine. Once the butternut squash is tender, add the roasted garlic and the crumbled goat cheese to the soup.
Butternut squash and goat cheese soup step by step
- Prep step: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees..
- Clean and chop all vegetables in similar sized chunks. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and cumin powder. Mix well to coat all vegetables with oil and bake until soft. (Vegetables should not change colour or caramelise).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, let them cool then blend to a fine puree. Add water or milk to bring it to your preferred consistency..
- Pour the puree into a pot and bring it to simmer. Add goat's cheese and adjust salt and pepper to your taste..
- You can add dried/fresh herbs of your choice. Sage is meant to pair best with flavour of butternut squash..
- Serve hot with a piece of crusty bread. Here I have used a piece of pretzel..
Remove the pot from the stove and allow to cool slightly, then puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup back to the stove and heat through. To serve, ladle the soup into bowl. Add squash, water (or stock), salt, and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Pour soup into a blender, no more than halfway.