Sweet and Sour Pork with Tons of Vegetables. Slice or cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. You can add any vegetables you want. Mix soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, vinegar together.
Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked pork, celery mixture, and the pineapple chunks with juice. Give the sweet and sour sauce a brief stir, then add it to the skillet with the vegetables. Continue to cook the vegetables and sauce, stirring often, until the sauce begins to simmer. You can have Sweet and Sour Pork with Tons of Vegetables using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Pork with Tons of Vegetables
- Prepare 200 g of chopped pork.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soysauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sake.
- You need 2 Tbsp of potato starch.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of egg plant.
- It’s 2 of green peppers.
- It’s 1/2 of red and yellow paprika.
- It’s 1 bunch of Chinese chive.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soysauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken stock soup seasoning.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
Sweet and Sour Pork is a Cantonese dish (咕嚕肉 or gū lō yuk) where tender pieces of pork are deep fried until crispy and then stir fried with vegetables and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. Its characteristic orange-red color comes from ketchup, which makes it especially appealing to kids and picky eaters! lean pork • garlic clove, smashed • green pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces • onion, cut into bite-sized pieces • small tomatoes cut into wedges • canned pineapple chunks, drained, reserving liquid • Oil for deep frying and for stir-frying. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring, then toss with pork and vegetables until sauce thickens and coats them well. Turn off heat and toss in pineapple chunks.
Sweet and Sour Pork with Tons of Vegetables step by step
- Pre season the pork with soy sauce and sake, leave it for approx. 30 minutes..
- Slice or cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. You can add any vegetables you want..
- Mix soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, vinegar together. Add sugar if you want it sweet..
- Coat the pork with katakuriko. Heat the oil in pan, broil the pork, flip them over once they turn golden brown..
- When all sides of the pork are golden brown, remove them from the pan, and leave it on a dish temporarily..
- Add another 1 tbsp of oil and minced garlic to the pan, start pan-frying the vegetables, add a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Once the vegetables are lightly cooked, put the pork back to the pan, stir them together..
- Add the mixed ingredients from step3, heat until the pork and vegetables are well-coated. Stop the heat and serve..
Transfer to a platter immediately and serve with rice. In a small roasting pan heat the canola and sesame oils. Place the pork and vegetables into the pan and cover with the ketchup mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until the pork is tender. The main ingredient for sweet and sour pork is pork loin or pork butt that have been cut into cubes.