Spanish omlet. Spice it up with a hot salsa, or add sizzling cooked bacon for a smoky twist. —Teresa Gunnell, Lovettsville, Virginia There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Chopped tomatoes and green onions lend even more flavor and color. Cut the potatoes into roughly ½ cm slices.
In Spain, it's usually referred to as tortilla de patata or potato omelet. Spanish omelette or Tortilla Espanola is a simple potato recipe dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, as a starter, main dish or as tapas at a picnic. Spanish omelette is a classic Spanish dish that you can find ready made in any decent supermarket. You can have Spanish omlet using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish omlet
- Prepare 6 of large irish potato.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Sweet pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of tspn black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of tspn thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn nutmeg.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- It’s of Oil.
You can eat it warm or cold, bring it to a picnic, family gathering or a Spanish-themed party. Directions Heat some oil, enough to cover the potatoes, in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. On this page you will find the solution to Spanish omelet ingredient crossword clue crossword clue. If you have any other question or need extra help, please feel free to contact us or use the search box/calendar for any clue.
Spanish omlet step by step
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots in a small size.
- Add little salt and boil the potatoes and carrots for about 5min or until it’s soft and tender.
- In a non stick frying pan, add 2tble spoon oil add the grind scotch bonnet, onion, seasoning, spices stir fry for about 3min.
- Then arrange the potatoes and carrots on it to form a layer.
- Whisk the eggs,add salt and seasoning cubes. Whisk it again to allow it mix properly.
- Pour the wixed eggs on the potato veggie layers. Make sure u spread it evenly on it.
- Cook over low to medium heat for about 8_10min until eggs are almost set and no visible liquid egg remains.
- Serve and enjoy with a cup of juice or u can serve it as a breakfast.
Along with paella, the ubiquitous Spanish omelette – tortilla de patatas – is perhaps one of the best-known Spanish dishes. It is impossible to find a self-respecting tapas bar that does not feature tortilla in its repertoire. As delicious as it is versatile, this Spanish staple lends itself to countless variations according to personal taste. Is there anything more Spanish than la tortilla española? I'm really not sure that there is.