Sweet Potato Pottage. Peel your potatoes, dice and rinse. Place in a pot with enough water covering it to boil the potatoes. Add your chopped onions, chopped tomatoes and pepper, season and bring to boil.
This week, our recipe is how to make sweet potato pottage. Sweet potato is a root vegetable that has a lot of health and nutritional benefits. In fact, school children invariably get a good amount of their daily Vitamin A when they eat Sweet potato. You can have Sweet Potato Pottage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pottage
- You need 500 g of sweet potatoes.
- You need 4 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of cooking spoon palm oil.
- You need 2 cubes of maggi seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of crayfish.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch of basil (scent) leaves.
- It’s 1 of small bulb of Onions.
- Prepare of Few pieces of dried fish.
- You need of Enough water to cook.
This is one of my favorite meals because it is really easy to prepare, naturally sweet and rich. Ingredients for Nigerian Potato Porridge (Pottage). In other to make this spectacular dish you will need among other things sweet potatoes (no substitution). This French Potage is a blended vegetable soup that's rich and savory and completely satisfying.
Sweet Potato Pottage step by step
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into smaller sizes, wash properly, put in a clean pot and add enough water to cover potatoes..
- Allow pototoes to boil for about 15mins then add tomato paste, cover pot and allow to boil for another 5 minutes..
- Add in the spices(turmeric, salt, maggi, curry thyme) and allow to boil for another five minutes..
- Now add in crayfish, dried fish, onions and palm oil. Leave to boil for 3 minutes until pottage start to thicken. If pottage is too thick you can add in a little more water..
- Add basil leaves, stir and allow to cook for five minutes. Turn off heat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife and top with a pat of butter. Sweet potatoes can withstand drought but they'll produce less, so make sure you water them during the hottest part of the summer. A sweet potato dish that is an alternative to Sweet Potato Casserole. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae.