Potato fiesta. Make your own crispy fiesta potatoes at home! It was a sad day when Taco Bell announced that they were discounting their fiesta potatoes. For vegans and vegetarians, those potatoes were a fast food staple with universal appeal.
Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes is known to throw some major A-list ragers at his house. Unlike those relatives of his, Fiesta Potatoes likes to keep a balance. Its reduced fat sour cream topping keeps it cool, but not pretentious cool like Cool Beans, who just sits in the corner and criticizes every band's most recent record for being too well-produced. You can cook Potato fiesta using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato fiesta
- Prepare 10 pieces of potatoes.
- You need 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 1 piece of green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbs of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 2 of seasoning cubes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 10 mls of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 6 pieces of green bean.
- It’s 3 pieces of carrot.
- It’s 1 piece of sweet pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 of black pepper.
It all starts with the perfect potato. There are tons of different types, but for cheesy Fiesta potatoes, keep things simple and go with the standard Russet potato. Russet potatoes are ideal because they have high-starch content, thick skins, and mild flavor. At Taco Bell, Fiesta Potatoes are seasoned, crispy potatoes served as a side in a bowl topped with warm nacho sauce and reduced fat sour cream.
Potato fiesta step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut it in cubes. Peel carrot and cut it in cubes, now add a little salt and water to per boil both the potatoes and the carrot. Drain in a calendar and keep a side..
- Wash the sweet pepper and the pepper and cut it in cubed. Wash the green beans and cut, cut the onion. Stir fry minority part of the onion, green beans, sweet pepper, pepper, add some salt to taste..
- Dissolve the milk and break the egg and whisk them together. Now add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well, get a baking pan an spread a baking sheet in it, brush it with malted butter and put the ingredients in the baking pan, bake for 30-40min at a temperature of 160°c..
The potatoes are tasty, the cool sour cream is nice, but I am actually really not a fan of the nacho sauce. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, beans, red pepper, celery, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, salsa and salt; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. In a Ziplock bag, mix the garlic powder and cumin together; add the cubed potatoes, seal the Ziplock, and toss it all together until potatoes are coated evenly.