Baked Sweet Potato Nachos. Try Creating This Sweet Potato Pie With Marshmallow Meringue. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about quarter-inch rounds). In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika.
Lay rounds flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside. I think these loaded sweet potato nachos are even better than traditional nachos made with tortilla chips! Just bake sweet potato rounds until crispy, and then top them with shredded cheese, black beans, salsa, diced avocado, and fresh cilantro 😍 Sweet Potato Nachos with Veggie Packed Queso Cashew butter and an array of cooked vegetables are blended into a creamy sauce that's drizzled over these nachos made from sliced sweet potatoes. You can have Baked Sweet Potato Nachos using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Potato Nachos
- You need of For Sweet Potato chips.
- It’s 2 of Sweet potato washed,peeled and cut into thin round slices.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil to brush on the slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kidney bean mixture.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of Mexican seasoning powder.
- It’s 1 cup of kidney beans boiled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of For Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red capsicum finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small green capsicum finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small tomato deseeded and finely chopped.(the pulp can be used in making kidney bean mixture).
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander washed and finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seed powder roasted.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder i have used kashmiri red powder. you can also use ground paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of salt as per taste.
- Prepare as needed of Guacamole.
- Prepare 1 of avocado chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seed powder roasted.
- It’s of salt as per taste.
You may have some leftover sauce, but it's great reheated and poured over roasted vegetables or drizzled over chili. Place the sweet potato rounds on a large baking sheet. You might need two baking sheets if you run out of room. You don't want to overcrowd the sweet potatoes.
Baked Sweet Potato Nachos step by step
- For Sweetpotato chips Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut into thin round slices around 1mm thick. Arrange them on a baking tray lined with butter paper. Brush the slices with oil. Bake in the preheated oven @190 C for 30 minutes or till golden and edges turn crisp. Flip them in between. Remove in a plate and let them cool. After cooling they will become crispy..
- Kidney bean mixture Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion and saute till translucent. dd the tomato and cook till it becomes soft and pulpy..
- Add the Mexican seasoning powder. (If you do not have you can use 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder). Add boiled kidney bean mixture and salt and mix well. Add 1/4 cup water and cook till the mixture thickens..
- Salsa In a bowl mix chopped onion, red capsicum, green capsicum, deseeded tomato. Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, black pepper powder. Mix well and add lemon juice and chopped coriander. Mix well. The salsa is ready. Keep aside..
- Guacamole In a bowl add chopped avocado. Add lemon juice, black pepper powder, cumin seed powder and salt. Mash with the potato masher or fork till smooth. Guacamole is ready. Keep it aside..
- Assemble and serve Arrange the baked crispy sweet potato slices on a plate. Put the kidney bean mixture over it. Top with Salsa and guacamole. The baked sweet potato nachos are ready..
- Serve it immediately..
Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. As in sweet potato fry nachos, baked to a crisp, then loaded with everything good in this world. Tender shredded chicken, spicy authentic salsa, black beans, fresh peppers, and gooey cheese. A sheet pan of sweet potato nachos – what more could a girl ask for? Remove from the oven (but don't turn the oven off!) and top with the bell pepper, green onions, and jalapeños.