Homemade Sweet Potato Fries. Try Creating This Sweet Potato Pie With Marshmallow Meringue. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
You need a large sweet potato in the one-pound range. Mix the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and toss them with the. To make and prepare baked sweet potato fries, first it is best to wash and peel the sweet potatoes. You can cook Homemade Sweet Potato Fries using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Sweet Potato Fries
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato (or 2 medium ones).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt blend.
You can use a peeler to help with peeling or a knife carefully cutting off the skin. Cut the end off the sweet potatoes then slice the potatoes into long strips. Step one, Scrub sweet potatoes clean and cut into fries. It is up to you as to how chunky you want the fries to be.
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries instructions
- Use a french fry press to cut your potatoes into shape (much more convenient and makes more equal slices) or cut into shape by hand and add to a ziploc bag..
- Add your oil over top of the uncooked fries in the bag, mix it around and store until wanting to cook. Preheat oven to 405 degrees, spread your fries out on a baking sheet and add your seasoning salt overtop..
- Cook fries at 405 for 20 minutes before flipping them over (adding more seasoning if you'd like) and cook for another 15+ minutes until they are the desired doneness..
I like sweet potato fries to be thin and crispy, so as you can see from our photos, we cut them pretty thin. I cut sweet potatoes into thin fries so they bake up to be crisp. Combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Place on greased tray in air-fryer basket. It's important that the fries are uniformly sized for even cooking.