Cajun chicken and sweet potato chips. Mix Cajun spice into lemon juice and brush over both sides of chicken. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and arrange sweet potato on the tray. Add Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and salt.
Place them in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet so they don't touch each other. Meanwhile, heat half of the garlic oil in a griddle pan. Cajun Spiced Chicken with Potato Wedges and Chive Dip from the Hairy Dieters is a healthy, flavoursome twist on boring chicken and chips. You can have Cajun chicken and sweet potato chips using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken and sweet potato chips
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, washed and chopped.
- It’s Tin of red beans, drained and washed.
- It’s to taste of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Juice of half a lemon.
- It’s of Thinly sliced white onion.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes.
- It’s to taste of Paprika.
- Prepare Spoonful of tomato passata sauce.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of flour.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Buttered corn on the cob – optional to serve.
Don't worry if you don't have / or don't want to buy cumin, paprika, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper to make the spice rub – just use some regular cajun spice / seasoning which will create roughly. Arrange the chicken on a separate sheet pan. Serve with a dipping sauce of sour cream mixed with some snipped chives and a sprinkling of paprika. Add sweet potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
Cajun chicken and sweet potato chips step by step
- Put chicken in a bowl. Add Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and salt. Mix and leave in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180. Peel and slice potatoes. Put in a baking tray on oven paper. Sprinkle with a little flour, mix well. Then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Bake for about 30 minutes until cooked and yummy. Meanwhile, put oil and onions in a pan and soften.
- Add chicken and cook until white. Then add tomato sauce and beans. Cook for another 6-8 minutes while the chips finish cooking.
- I also served mine with nachos 😁 if you want my nachos recipe just add a comment 😊.
Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush each half with olive oil. Rub the seasoning mix over the cut surface of each half. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, or in a shallow pan. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet placing them around chicken thighs.