Sweet potato & Ugu egg sauce. Sweet Potato Pie W/ Marshmallow Meringue. Alton Brown discuses the difference between sweet potatoes and yams with nutritional anthropologist Deb Duchon. It turns out sweet potatoes are not merely potatoes that happen to be sweet.
I used white sweet potatoes, but any sweet potatoes will do. You can eat this cake plain, topped with whipped cream, or topped with a glaze. Either way, this pound cake is delicious! You can have Sweet potato & Ugu egg sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato & Ugu egg sauce
- Prepare 4 of medium sweet potatoes.
- It’s 15 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- It’s of Dry pepper.
- You need of Ugu.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s of Carrot.
- Prepare of Groundnut oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s cubes of Seasoning.
The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are a root vegetable. The young leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten as greens. The sweet potato is distantly related to the common potato (Solanum tuberosum), both being in the order Solanales.
Sweet potato & Ugu egg sauce step by step
- Peel and wash sweet potatoes. Cut in big chunks..
- In a pot, add water enough to cook potato. Allow water to boil, pour potatoes, sprinkle salt, cover and allow to cook..
- Wash ugu, remove leaves only from stalk, neatly cut and set aside..
- Rinse carrot, tomato and onion. Cut in chunks. Set aside..
- Pour groundnut oil in frying pan on medium heat, pour in tomatoes and onions. Allow to fry. Pour in carrot, turn and allow for 1 minute..
- Whisk eggs and pour in, add seasoning cubes. Allow to fry for 1 minute before turning. Add the dry pepper at this point..
- Finally pour in the ugu..
Sweet potatoes are nutritious, high in fiber, very filling, and delicious. They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried. Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such. Packed with nutrients, sweet potatoes are a healthy and colorful addition to any meal. Find recipes for sweet potato casseroles, fries, pie, soup and more in this collection of sweet potato recipes.