Sweet potato and beans porridge. Beans and potato porridge recipe is a healthy and nutritious dish. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, so, when properly combined with beans it yummy and delicious. Pottage beans with sweet potato is a popular Nigerian food that is enjoyed by virtually everyone.
The addition of stock from boiling sweet potatoes takes the beans porridge to a different level. Beans and sweet potato porridge with stir-fried vegetables is a meal that is packed full with nutrients needed during pregnancy. This recipe is delicious and easy to make. You can have Sweet potato and beans porridge using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato and beans porridge
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked beans.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped spinach.
- It’s 3 of medium sized sweet potato (peeled and diced).
- It’s 2 tbspn of Creole seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Seasonings.
- You need 2 of cooking spoon of red oil.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Grated peppers and onions.
First, sauté onions, garlic, and tomato paste. Then add ground crayfish, dry fish, seasonings, spices, and water. Allow to simmer, and add the potatoes. Place the water and almond milk in a medium sauce pan over high heat and bring to just below a boil.
Sweet potato and beans porridge step by step
- In a pot add in the oil and fry the grated peppers and onions for 2mins.
- Add on the water, creole seasoning, salt, seasonings,sweet potatoes and the beans.
- Allow it to cook until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Smash it a little with cooking spoon and add the spinach and cook for 2mins.
Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the millet, chopped sweet potato, and cinnamon sticks. This healthy and easy-to-make sweet potato porridge has it all. It's oil-free, sweet, a little bit crunchy, a little bit salty and oh-so filling. I just love sweet potato and adding it to my oatmeal porridge was definitely a great idea! I served this Sweet Potato Congee with Braised Soy Sauce Minced Pork, Preserved Radish Omelet (Chai Poh Nooi), and Stir Fry Preserved Radish and Long Beans (Chai Poh Tao).