Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce. Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce is something that I have loved my entire life. They're nice and they look wonderful. To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients.
Cauliflower florets are tossed in a rice flour and starch batter and baked to crisp. The sticky sesame sauce uses sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy/tamari, vinegar, maple syrup and some sriracha for heat for a addictive flavor profile. Sticky Sesame Cauliflower Bites – Sweet, spicy, baked cauliflower bites topped with an amazing Asian-inspired sticky sauce! You can have Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce using 30 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce
- It’s 1 of large Cauliflower cut into bit sizes.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, whisked.
- It’s as needed of High heat tolerance oil (solid coconut).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1-2 of green onions, fine chopped.
- It’s of Coating Mix.
- Prepare 1/2 c of – coconut flour.
- Prepare 1/2 c of – sorghum flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of potato starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of monk fruit.
- Prepare of Sauce Mix:.
- Prepare 1 c of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tamari sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of liquid coconut oil.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of brown sugar (depending on sweetness preference).
- Prepare of Slurry: 1 1/2 tsp potato starch mixed with 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Substitutes.
- Prepare of Brown sugar: Honey, Maple syrup. Your preference on sweetness.
- It’s of Monk fruit: Stevia or other sugar alternative.
- You need of Coating mix: use your favorite flour mixes.
- It’s of Tamari sauce: coconut aminos or other soya sauce alternative.
- Prepare of Apple cider vinegar: balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Potato starch: tapioca starch.
- It’s of Variations.
- It’s of Sweet heat sauce, use chillies to spice up sauce.
- You need of Enhance the garlic in the sauce.
- It’s of Shake of lime sprinkles on top of sauce bites.
- Prepare of Eliminate sauce, shake on your favorite seasoning or store sauce.
Serve them as finger food appetizers or as the main course over rice for a delicious veggie dinner. While the cauliflower is baking, make the sauce. In a small saucepan combine the tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, rice vinegar, tomato paste, chili paste, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds. Bring the sauce to a boil on the stove over medium heat.
Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce instructions
- In a medium saucepan add solid coconut oil over medium heat, let melt until there is enough to cover 1 layer of bites in the bottom of pot.
- Cut up cauliflower head into bite sized pieces Put in large bowl Beat eggs, pour over bites and mix well.
- Turn up heat on oil to 3/4 (a bit over medium).
- Mix all dry/coating ingredients together in separate bow and sprinkle half over bites, mix and sprinkle remaining coating mix over bites, mix well..
- Add 1-2 pieces to test heat of oil, should be bubbling. Cook 1-2 minutes, test firmness. (Adjust temp as needed).
- Have another bowl lined with paper towels ready..
- Use a smaller hand strainer that fits inside pot to scoop out cooked pieces, put in bowl with paper towels.
- Using metal tongs, gently place a single layer of prepared bites into oil, it will bubble up but should not boil over, otherwise your pot may be too small..
- Set timer for 2 minutes, test 1 piece, set for another minute to desired firmness. With a full layer, I cooked for 3 minutes..
- At end of time, use metal hand strainer to scoop out pieces into paper towel lined bowl..
- Add aprox 1 tbsp of solid coconut oil, wait for it to melt and heat. Repeat cooking steps with a single layer each time. Set timer for consistent firmness of all batches. Adding more oil between each batch. Note, increased bubbling will happen as residue batter mix stays in oil..
- Keep watch of pot to prevent boil over, remove from heat and move away from burner if bubbles grow too rapidly..
- While batches are cooking, start sauce in small saucepan. Over medium heat, melt coconut oil, add all wet ingredients (Except Slurry) and bring to boil over medium heat. Then add 1 tbsp at a time, brown sugar, stir between adds. Let simmer while working on batches of bites. (Optional: add dash of garlic salt).
- While bites cooking, dice up fresh green onion, set aside..
- When final batch of bites are done and in bowl with paper towels, let cool. Next, add slurry mix to sauce and stir continuously until blended and sauce thickens. Turn burner off..
- Remove paper towels from bowl. Spoon sauce over bites and gently mix. When desired amount of sauce is achieved, bites will be well coated. (Variance due to size of cauliflower head, so add sauce spoonful at a time) Sprinkle half of sesame seeds and diced green onions over bites and mix gently. Sprinkle the rest of seeds and mix. Put all into a fresh serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining onions on top..
Over the years, I've tried only a few more versions, and I've made them my own way. I know which type of cauliflower I like more, the sweet to salty sauce ratio and so much more. See recipes for Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce too. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice, chili sauce, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar and Sriracha chili sauce. See recipes for Cauliflower Bites 🥘 with Sticky Sweet Tamari Sauce too.