Best Rum Cake. Find Deals on Rum Cakes Tortuga Original in Groceries on Amazon. This recipe is very similar to another rum cake I have made a few times, but this came out the best ever. I use coconut rum, and I don't notice a huge coconut flavor at all, it's just the rum I like to use. (And because I don't like a strong alcohol taste, I put the rum in the glaze for the last minute of cooking).
Pour batter into bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the. It's a delightful Holiday dessert and so easy to make. If you could get tipsy from "Rum" cake…Mars and I would be in a stupor right now! You can cook Best Rum Cake using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Rum Cake
- You need 1 box of Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix.
- Prepare 1 packages (3 oz.) of vanilla instant pudding.
- You need 1/2 cup of light (colored) rum.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of light rum.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
Note that our butter-rum flavor is a professional-quality, extra-strong flavor; if you're using store-bought rum extract, you'll probably need to use more. It's basically a yellow cake with a hint of rum flavor, and then a delicious rum glaze is poured on top, soaking into the cake and creating a delicious glazed layer all over the outside of the cake. What I LOVE About this Rum Cake recipe: This rum cake recipe is made from scratch, has the most tender, moist crumb, and is drenched in rum flavor without being overpowering. A fantastic dessert that's equally suitable for weekly family dinners, fancy dinner parties, or holiday celebrations.
Best Rum Cake step by step
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Generously grease & flour bundt cake pan.
- With mixer beat first 6 ingredients for 3 to5 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes,turn down to 300°F and bake 20 more minutes until done in center..
- While cake is cooking prepare topping.
- In a medium saucepan (slowley) cook the butter,sugar,rum,and,water, until syrupy.
- When cake is done leave in pan, punch holes in cake all over the top,i use a skewer,.
- Pour topping over top of cake while it is still warm (or hot). note (you may think this is to much topping but all will soak into cake.
- Leave in pan at least 30 min. turn out on cake plate.I make a thin icing with powder sugar and a little rum and pour over it.If there is any left it freezes well.
Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum. Invert onto serving plate and prick top. This rich, spirited Bundt cake recipe comes from Mildred "Mama Dip" Council, of the famed Mama Dip's Kitchen in Chapel Hill, NC. A double dose of rum in the cake and in the glaze makes it extra moist and fragrant. One bite and you'll see why it's a favorite Council family recipe.