Lemon Cupcakes. It you like your cupcakes sweet, then icing is a must–The batter would also work well for lemon poppy seed muffins, I think, because my cupcakes, at least, weren't super sweet. The batter by itself was great, too though–definitely take the time to lick the spoon! Add cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat until combined and smooth.
Garnish each cupcake with a blackberry or a pinch of lemon zest. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extracts. You can cook Lemon Cupcakes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cupcakes
- Prepare 1 box of Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of Water.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 cup of Butter.
Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream. If you love lemon, then these lemon cupcakes are for you! The cake is moist, light, lemon-y, and filled with a bright, citrus-y lemon curd. Top them off with a tangy cream cheese frosting- they'll be the hit of the party!
Lemon Cupcakes instructions
- Blend all ingredients together with electric blender. Pour into 24 baking cupcake cups. Bake 18 to 22 minutes in 350°F oven. Cool..
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.
- In bowl add 8oz cream cheese and blend in 1/2 cup sugar. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Blend then Frost 12 cupcakes..
- BUTTER CREAM FROSTING.
- In bowl add 1 cup butter, add 2 cups powdered sugar. Blend then add 2 tablespoons milk and 1teaspoon vanilla. Mix then frost the other 12 cupcakes..
Have you been tuning in for the Live recipe demos? Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick). I got a craving for lemon the other day and knew I just had to make a delicious cupcake! These cupcakes are not overpowering in any way.