Chocolate Chip Cake. Repeat with remaining batter, sugar mixture, and chocolate chips. The brown sugar, in addition to the amazing flavor combination of butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips gives this cake all of the familiar deliciousness that we love … In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, instant pudding and sugar. Add the water, oil, eggs, and sour cream, mix until well blended.
But in this one bowl chocolate chip cake, the cinnamon and sugar gives the most delightful ribbon of spicy sweetness to the middle of the cake and allows the top to get crispy, crackly golden. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. We Start With a Cake Mix So Not Only Is this Delicious, It's Easy To Make Too! You can cook Chocolate Chip Cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Cake
- Prepare of cake.
- It’s 1 box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of vanilla instant pudding.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 of bar Baker's German chocolate.
- You need 6 oz of chocolate chips.
- Prepare of topping.
- Prepare 1/2 of bar Baker's German chocolate.
- It’s 4 tbsp of confectioner's sugar.
At home, we call this cake Daddy's cake. It's named for, non-other than, my Daddy. There's nothing on earth that he loves more than a rich, chocolaty, moist cake. After many tries with many different recipes, this is the recipe he declared.
Chocolate Chip Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Beat together cake mix, oil, water, pudding mix, and eggs until smooth, about 2 minutes..
- Grate or finely chop chocolate bar and fold into batter. Pour batter into greased pan, recommended 13×9..
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips over top of batter and bake 40 to 45 minutes until tester comes out clean..
- While cake is baking, grate or finely chop other half of chocolate bar and mix with confectioner's sugar..
- Once cake is done, immediately spread sugar mixture over top. Allow to set at least 10 minutes prior to cutting to allow sugar to adhere to cake. Enjoy..
In this whimsical cake-decorating idea, chocolate loaf cake is cut and stacked with layers of chocolate-chip ice cream. If you really want a chocolate chip cake then it's a good recipe. I was just not fully committed to the idea. Plus the recommended frosting didn't work very well and the whole mess was just TOO chocolate-y. I won't make it again but that's mostly because I like to try new things.