Lemon cake. This dressed-up pound cake-style lemon loaf has a delicate hint of ginger. The decadence of Grand Marnier makes this lemon loaf special. Great with Earl Grey tea or ice wine.
Can be served with stewed strawberries or fresh fruit on the side as garnish for a beautiful, healthy, light summer dessert. Donald Our Lemon Cake recipe is one of my favorite year-round desserts, but it is an especially popular choice for spring and summer gatherings, when everyone's cravings for light and citrus filled desserts are at their highest! I filled the cake layers with the same frosting that is on the outside (which tasted fabulous), but if you like, you can transform it into a lemon curd layer cake by using lemon curd between the layers, then spreading the lemon cream cheese frosting on the cake's outside. You can cook Lemon cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon cake
- You need of cake:.
- You need 1 of -box of Duncan Hines cake mix.
- Prepare 1 of -box of lemon pudding mix.
- It’s 1/8 of -tbsp. lemon juice.
- Prepare of frosting:.
- You need 1 of -container of Duncan Hines lemon frosting.
- Prepare 1/4 of -cup lemon juice.
- You need 1 of -cup powdered sugar.
Lemon Cake a delicious moist Italian Cake, and all you need is a tablespoon for measurement. Fast and Easy and so good. The perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert Cake Recipe. The finished cake was a lovely angel food cake on top with a creamy lemon filling on the bottom.
Lemon cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13×9 cake pan..
- Make cake according to package; but adding dry lemon pudding mix and 1/8 tsp. of lemon juice as part of the water to the cake batter..
- Pour in a greased 13×9 cake pan; and bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick/knife inserted in the middle of cake comes out clean..
- Mix 1 cup of powder sugar and 1/4 cup of lemon juice; set aside..
- Remove from oven and poke holes into the cake the size of a straw; then pour and spread w/spaula lemon sugar mixture evenly; let it cool completely..
- After cooling completely; spread lemon frosting evenly on top of cake..
- Cut and Enjoy!.
The only things I'd recommend are to reduce the sugar a bit (it was VERY sweet).. The lemon cake batter is velvety and thick. Bake time will be longer, but you can use a toothpick to test for doneness. While the cake is still warm, make the lemon drizzle topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice, and pour over the warm cake.