Buffalo Chicken Bites. Serve hot sauce mixture as a dipping sauce or pour over buffalo chicken bites. In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, cheese, chives and ranch. Chill in fridge as you set up dredging station.
Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Bites Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Bites. Now that you've made the bleu cheese dressing, lets tackle the chicken. How to make Buffalo Chicken Bites. You can cook Buffalo Chicken Bites using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Bites
- It’s of Chicken filling.
- You need 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 each of Frank's hot sauce.
- It’s small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of grapeseed or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
Begin by cutting the chicken into bite size pieces. Place the chicken in a large zip top bag. Add the buttermilk and salt to the bag. Say goodbye to bland, stringy, overly breaded boneless buffalo wings.
Buffalo Chicken Bites instructions
- Prepare Chicken thighs: You have 2 options. Option 1. Put chicken thighs and half the bottle of Frank's in a crockpot, set on low for 8 hours. Shred when done. Or 2. Cook chicken thighs in a skillet with a little oil, shred and add Frank's hot sauce when done..
- Add the onion, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to the chicken. Set aside..
- Cook white rice according to package directions. I'm lazy and use minute rice. Throw that rice in the bowl with the other stuff. Give it a stir..
- Add the rest of the hot sauce to the bowl, stir well..
- Time to prepare the dough! Put the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Give it a stir..
- Add the warm water and grapeseed oil to the bowl. Stir until combined. Add more flour if it's too sticky, more water if it's too dry..
- Roll out that dough on a floured surface until it's thin, but not too thin..
- Cut the dough into 3×3 squares, or cut it however big you want. Bigger squares mean bigger bites. You should preheat the oven to 375 now..
- Add enough chicken filling to the dough square to fill it, but still be able to wrap it up into a happy little pocket of awesomeness. About 2 TBSP per 3×3 square..
- Keep on filling and wrapping. Set them on a pan covered with a sil pat, parchment paper, or lightly greased with oil..
- Make an egg wash: take 1 egg and keep just the whites. Give it a quick whisk..
- Apply a thin layer of egg white using a pastry brush to each pocket/bite. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper..
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until browned..
- You're done! Serve them bad boys with ranch or bleu cheese dressing and some celery..
These buffalo chicken bites are a game-changer! Lightly battered and pan-seared or baked, then tossed in my mom's famous buffalo sauce, these guys are the perfect appetizer for a crowd. Buffalo chicken bites make for a wonderful game day appetizer and a fun family dinner idea. But, before you get to the bites, you have to get to the sauce, and a Buffalo sauce that won't "break" is essential. The basic formula for Buffalo sauce is a simple one: It is a combination of hot sauce (store-bought or homemade), oil and seasoning Deep fry coated chicken bites in hot canola oil until golden brown.