Best Meatloaf Bites. Great recipe for Best Meatloaf Bites. I absolutely love meatloaf but there's just me here! Plus, to me, the best part is the topping sauce.and if you slice the meatloaf in the traditional way, you only get a little topping.
Mash beans in a bowl with fork or potato masher until well mashed. Add remaining ingredients, except oats, and stir to combine. Spoon into muffin tin and pack down. You can have Best Meatloaf Bites using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best Meatloaf Bites
- You need 1 lb of 80% or better ground beef.
- You need 1 slice of bread (I prefer white but really any works).
- It’s 1 of large egg, not beaten.
- It’s 1 of tblsp onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of OPTIONAL 1 crushed beef bouillon cube.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL 1 large slice yellow onion, minced.
- You need 1/2 C of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 C of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 C of ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 4 of tblsp milk.
All you do is place washed potatoes of the same shape and size in a single layer on the trivet. Then place the egg bite mold filled with meatloaf on top of the potatoes. Lower the trivet with the potatoes and meatloaf carefully into the pot. Besides baked potatoes we served our Instant Pot meatloaf bites with steamed broccoli.
Best Meatloaf Bites step by step
- Tear bread into small pieces, add milk and let sit while you continue…also preheat oven to 350 and grease the top of a broiler rack.
- Prepare the meat: in a big bowl, break up and spread the ground beef.
- Spread the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce (and if you're using the bouillon and onions, add those) over the meat –don't mix yet!.
- Break the egg in then add the wet bread pieces, any milk too.
- Using a chopping motion with your hand, combine everything –don't squish the meat through your fingers, it'll make the loaf tough.
- Now add the cheese and make sure it's all combined -the mixture should be pretty wet and almost loose.
- Using a 3 inch scoop, form the ball into a patty 3 inches long and 1 inch thick…place on greased broiler rack…you should get 8 pieces.
- Now for the topping…in a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard, stir well to remove lumps if any.
- Spread over the patties, covering the sides too.
- I like to put a little water in the bottom part of the broiler rack, it makes cleanup easier…or I suppose you could use foil….
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad, potatoes, pasta..whatever you like!.
- If you're going to freeze any leftovers, make sure the patties are room temperature before packing and freezing.