Taco Pie. A pre-baked crust of refrigerated crescent-roll dough is filled with a mixture of browned ground beef and taco seasoning layered with sour cream, shredded cheese, and crushed nacho chips. Pile slices of this zesty pie high with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced green onions and sour cream. For a zippier flavor, chop a jalapeño chili and use it instead of the green chilies.
How To Make Taco Pie Grab a pie crust from the store and follow the package instructions for a one-crust baked shell. Make sure you make a bunch of holes in the crust with a fork like this before it goes in the oven so it doesn't puff up… Directions. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. You can have Taco Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco Pie
- It’s 1 packages of Crescent rolls.
- You need 1 box of fritos.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 packages of Taco seasoning.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Taco pie is on the menu! This meal is made with flavorful seasoned beef, gooey cheese, and then loaded with your favorite toppings! Be sure to check out the variety of crust options that are perfect for gluten-free, low carb, and keto diet followers. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix just until combined; pour over cheese.
Taco Pie step by step
- Preheatoven to 375°f. Brown ground beef.
- Once ground beef is brown add taco seasoning, water, and tomato sauce to the pan and let simmer for about 10 mins.
- Place crescent rolls in bottom of 9" pie plate (make sure they all fit together).
- Place crushed chips to cover bottom of the pie dish (on top of the rolls).
- Add the meat mixture over the chips.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake 20-25 mind at 375 °f.
- Once it is done let sit for 10 mins.
Essentially a casserole made in a pie pan, our Taco Pie is easy to slice into wedges of delicious flavor. Corn tortillas are partially fried before forming the base of the pie. Then onion, garlic, and ground beef are browned and seasoned with the warmth of cumin and the mild heat of chili powder. Place half the refried beans in each pie shell, smearing over the bottom and the sides of the partially baked shells. Spread a layer of ground meat over the beans, and top with the onion, crushed tortilla chips, and cheese.