Caramel Apple Baked French Toast. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread slices, making sure to pour in between each. Caramel Apple French Toast Bake Enjoy the tastes of Fall for breakfast with this great combination of baked French toast, apples, caramel sauce, with a cinnamon streusel topping! Mornings around the table will never be the same!
This dish tastes best with a tart and crisp apple. Steer clear of really sweet and soft apples like a red delicious; it will not taste as good and get too mushy. I've recently fallen in love with baked french toast. You can cook Caramel Apple Baked French Toast using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Baked French Toast
- It’s of Caramel Base.
- Prepare 1 cup of Packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Chopped pecans.
- Prepare 2 of Granny Smith apples – cubed.
- Prepare of French Toast.
- You need 10 of 1-2" thick bread slices (any kind you like).
- It’s 6 of Eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of 1/2 & 1/2.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional).
With it being apple season and all I decided to make a caramel apple version. It is nice on Christmas morning or any other morning when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We even like to have it for dinner! What Ingredients Do I Need For Baked Caramel Apple French Toast?
Caramel Apple Baked French Toast step by step
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray..
- In a medium sauce pan over med-low heat combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup. Stir frequently until sugar and butter are completely melted, approx 8 minutes. Core, peel and chop the apples in to small pieces (not too small so you'll still have good texture). Once the caramel is ready add your apples and nuts while still on the heat. Stir until coated then pour the caramel mixture into the prepared baking dish distributing evenly..
- Mix the eggs, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, salt, syrup and cinnamon together until thoroughly combined. Arrange the sliced bread (I like french) over the caramel in a single layer. Pour the custard over evenly. Cover tightly with foil.
- At this point you can leave the dish out on the counter for an hour to soak or you can refrigerate it over night. If using the over night method take it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking to come to room temperature..
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the casserole in the oven covered and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 25 to 30 until the top is golden and the center is set. Once baked, allow to cool and set for 5-10 minutes before serving..
- Another little extra that I like to do is once the cover comes off I'll sprinkle it with a little extra brown sugar for some texture. Also, its nice to dust it with cinnamon and powdered sugar right before serving. This is a terrific dish for a holiday breakfast, brunch or potluck. Enjoy!.
To a casserole dish, add cubed French bread and diced apples. Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and drizzle that mixture over the bread and apples. Remove french toast casserole from fridge, uncover and drop topping by the spoonful randomly across french toast casserole. Prepare caramel sauce half way through french toast baking. Combine the bread chunks and chopped apples and lay in an even layer in the bottom of the dish.