Baked Apple French Toast. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Baked Apple French Toast This is a simply wonderful brunch recipe that tastes special and will have your guests asking for seconds. I serve it with whipped topping, maple syrup and additional nuts.
Definitely use Granny Smith or another firm baking apple that will stand up to skillet and then oven, and don't chop the apple too small or it will get lost. Click here for more Christmas recipes Get more from the episode >> Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Top with cream cheese and half the apple mixture in an even layer. You can have Baked Apple French Toast using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Apple French Toast
- You need 21 oz of can apple pie filling.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk or half n half.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 10 of half inch slices of day old French bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Top with remaining bread cubes and remaining apple mixture. So decadent, crusty, and filled with gooey cinnamon apple flavor. Top with half of the apples. Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole is the perfect recipe for holidays or any time you want a fun breakfast without a ton of work.
Baked Apple French Toast step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread pie filling into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish..
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla..
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture for 1 minute..
- Arrange 2 rows of bread on top of pie filling, slightly overlapping each slice..
- Brush bread with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar..
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Serve fruit side up..
This easy breakfast casserole loaded with fresh apples and a delicious streusel topping! DIRECTIONS Melt the butter in a large skillet and add apples. How To Make an Apple French Toast Bake Start by slicing an Italian loaf into thick slices. Mix together eggs, milk, a little bourbon, and some sugar. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, and layer them in a baking dish.