Strawberry Banana Stuffed French Toast. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Make French Toast W/ McCormick® Vanilla Extract & Cinnamon. For the strawberry and banana stuffed French toast: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cut a pocket into the bread but do not cut through the crust on the bottom. Top each slice with a layer of the strawberries. Press around the edges to seal. You can cook Strawberry Banana Stuffed French Toast using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Banana Stuffed French Toast
- Prepare tbsp of butter.
- Prepare cup of maple syrup.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese (softened).
- It’s 2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries.
- It’s 1 of banana (sliced).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- It’s of Egg Mixture.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 loaf of bread.
Directions Place bread slices in a large shallow baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder; pour over bread. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla. This french toast recipe with cream cheese cannot be prepared ahead of time, the bread will become utterly soggy.
Strawberry Banana Stuffed French Toast instructions
- In medium bowl mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla. Beat all together well. Set aside..
- In large bowl mix with hand mixer cream cheese, strawberries, banana, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Blend until pretty much smooth..
- Heat griddle to 350°f. Melt butter on top..
- Spread filling on 1 side of each piece of bread. Make a sandwich with the bread..
- Place each sandwich in egg mixture. Flip twice. Make sure the sandwich is covered with egg mixture equally on both sides..
- Cook on griddle each side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown..
- Serve with butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. (Optional).
To get best results prepare it hot and eat them instantly. Maple syrup drizzle can be replaced with honey. Strawberry & cream stuffed french toasts taste wonderful with sourdough bread too! Divide banana mixture equally among the bread pockets. In a large bowl, add eggs, heavy cream, milk, cinnamon and rum and whisk to combine.