Eggnog French Toast Bake. Whisk the eggs and eggnog together in a large bowl; pour over the bread slices. Pour mixture over bread and press bread down, making sure all pieces are submerged in eggnog-egg mixture. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
This is necessary if you're using a glass dish so that it doesn't shatter going into a hot oven. If you're using a metal pan, place it directly into the hot oven. Pour mixture over bread to fully coat. You can have Eggnog French Toast Bake using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggnog French Toast Bake
- You need 1/2 loaf of white bread, broken into pieces.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of egg nog.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract, pure.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dark (or light) brown sugar.
- You need 1 of powdered sugar(optional).
DIRECTIONS Beat together eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar,nutmeg, cinnamon,salt& vanilla. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in this mixture and place them side by side in a greased oven proof pyrex dish Pour any remaining mixture over the slices. In a large bowl, whisk eggnog, vanilla, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt until thoroughly combined. Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
Eggnog French Toast Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Place bread pieces in a sprayed/greased 8×8 baking pan..
- Mix remaining ingredients except brown sugar and whisk well. Pour over bread in dish and incorporate well making sure all bread pieces are coated. Sprinkle with brown sugar on top..
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Cut into squares and enjoy!! Powdered sugar can be dusted on each serving if you want it sweeter….;).
Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Let the French toast cool slightly and then finish with a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar. As you make your French toast, transfer it to the rack to ensure that the first piece of eggnog French toast is as warm and fresh as the last. Baked Blueberry French Toast Prepare the egg mixture by whisking together eggs, eggnog, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract in a large bowl.