Amazing French toast. I made French Toast with this recipe and froze it with wax paper between each slice and it made really quick and easy breakfast for my teenagers, they just tossed them in the microwave and they were as good as freshly made. Whether you're making it by the slice, or in an oven-baked casserole, French toast is pan-fried bread that's been soaked in a mixture of eggs and dairy. That mixture is actually a custard, and it tastes best when you use full-fat dairy (whole milk, half-and-half, or equal parts milk and heavy cream).
You can absolutely make this recipe ahead of time. This was my first try at a baked French toast, and it was YUMMY! As with most recipes, I scaled it down for my small family. You can have Amazing French toast using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amazing French toast
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s Loaf of bread.
- You need 1 of cinnamon sugar/ 25 grams.
- It’s 1 of margarine or butter/ 227 grams.
- Prepare 1 of frying pan or non stick grill.
I halved the recipe, added an extra egg and a little extra splash of milk, used whole grain bread (crusts on, cut into large cubes), and tossed the bread in the egg-milk mixture, rather than pouring it over. All you need is sliced bread, eggs, milk, and a few spices to make the best French toast for a quick and easy breakfast. All you need is sliced bread, eggs, milk, and a few spices to make the best French toast for a quick and easy breakfast.. I have used several different kinds of breads and it all tastes amazing.
Amazing French toast step by step
- In a medium mixing bowl crack 2 eggs until blend.
- Add the cinnamon sugar in with the eggs I dash about 3 shakes..
- Mix altogether then I use a frying pan or non stick grill on.
- Put a little bit of margarine on either the grill or frying pan make sure it's hot.
- Start dipping the bread you like in the egg and cinnamon sugar.
- Flip the bottom till you smell the cinnamon sugar and I will say 5 to 10 mins on each side.
- Sorry I don't have a pic it should turn out like a golden brown.
Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Recipe: One-Dish Blackberry French Toast Our readers love this family friendly favorite, decadent French toast. Perfect for a holiday breakfast or a weekend brunch, this French toast recipe is loaded with tasty, sweet ingredients like cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar, but the reduced fat cream cheese helps lighten the meal. Although this recipe calls for French bread, you can sub sweet.