Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød. Great recipe for Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød. After a vibrant scallop starter and a spicy herby cod dish, let's cleanse our palate for a bit with this toast. I am always fascinated by open-faced toast.
The Feast of the Seven Fishes (Italian: Festa dei sette pesci), also known as The Eve (La Vigilia, cognate to The Vigil), is an Italian-American celebration of Christmas Eve with dishes of fish and. Simply slather a creamy spread like butter or sour cream on dense rye bread. Second Course: A Bracing, Light Salad. You can cook Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød using 39 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød
- You need of Salmon, 6 Fillets Preferably Wild Caught.
- Prepare of Brine:.
- You need 2 kg of Water,.
- You need 75 g of Sea Salt,.
- You need 150 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need 2 g of Mustard Seeds,.
- It’s 2 g of Black Peppercorn,.
- Prepare 1 g of Fennel Seeds,.
- It’s 6 of Cloves,.
- Prepare 4 g of Coriander Seeds,.
- It’s 1 g of Pink Peppercorns,.
- You need Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- It’s 1/4 Inch of Cinnamon Stick,.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves,.
- It’s of Rub:.
- You need 5 g of Sea Salt,.
- It’s 10 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need 8 g of Black Pepper,.
- You need 5 g of Coriander Powder,.
- Prepare 1 g of Pink Peppercorns Freshly Ground,.
- Prepare Pinch of Chili Flakes,.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream,.
- It’s 1/2 TBSP of Wasabi / Horseradish,.
- Prepare Pinch of Fresh Dill Finely Chopped,.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- It’s of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese 7 Spice), Pinch.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Masago (Roe),.
- Prepare of Toast:.
- You need 12 Slices of Rye Bread,.
- It’s of Unsalted Butter, 6 Spread.
- Prepare 6 of Figs,.
- It’s of Masago (Roe), Sprinkle.
- It’s Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Fresh Dill,.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil, Drizzle.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
A cold seafood salad for the second course is an ideal way to move into the more. The rillettes spread is usually served with bread, bruschetta, crostini, crackers, or toast points. It is definitely an elegant addition to a cocktail party, and definitely perfect for the first course of The Feast of the Seven Fishes. Salmon rillettes include both poached salmon and smoked salmon along with the butter.
Feast of Seven Fishes III – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød step by step
- You can use store-bought rye bread or you can check out my previous post for the recipe..
- Prepare the brine. Check for any bones on the salmon fillets. Wash and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. In a large container, combine all the ingredients together. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the salmon fillets. Cover with cling film or lid and chill in the fridge for 24 to 48 hrs..
- Prepare the rub. Combine everything together. You can grind the pink peppercorn in pestle & mortar or in a pepper milk. Set aside..
- Prepare the sauce. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. If you are using fresh wasabi or horseradish, grate them freshly. I am just using store-bought wasabi. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use..
- Smoking the salmon. After in the brine for 24 or 48 hrs, Remove the salmon fillets from the brine. Place them on a wire cooling rack. Pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper on both sides. Sprinkle the rub onto the salmon fillets, both sides too. Prepare your smoker as per the instructions manual. I am using Nordic Ware's Personal Size Stovetop Kettle Smoker. If you have a outdoor grill and smoker, it will be awesome too..
- Assembling the toast. Spread butter onto the rye bread slices, on 1 side only. You can toast this in a toaster or a skillet, but I decided to smoke the rye bread, buttered side down. Why not infuse all the flavors from the salmon 1 last time? Once the bread has been toasted or smoked, transfer onto serving plates, buttered side down..
- Spread the sauce onto the bread. You can slice the salmon and lay onto the bread. But I decided to flake them into pieces and place them one by one overlapping one another to sorta create like a fish scales effect. Place the figs on top of the salmon. Sprinkle some masago, nori flakes and dill over the top. Lastly, drizzle sesame oil over the top. Serve immediately..
- For the full detailed recipe video: www.instagram.com/tv/CILIPA9lNDg/.
The Feast of Seven Fishes is an Italian-American Christmas Eve tradition celebrated with seven seafood dishes,. You can easily swap in cod or shrimp for the salmon in this hearty (but not heavy. Ever heard of the Feast of the Seven Fishes? Growing up in New Jersey among so many Italians, I thought every Italian family celebrated Christmas Eve with the Feast of the Seven Fishes, a tidal wave of seafood dishes each featuring a different fish or shellfish. With Skyler Gisondo, Madison Iseman, Josh Helman, Ray Abruzzo.