Chocolate Pannetone French Toast w/ Mascerated Strawberries. Dip each slice of pannetone in the batter. See recipes for Chocolate Pannetone French Toast w/ Mascerated Strawberries too. Preheat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick saute pan over medium heat.
Making a custard-which can be made ahead-elevates this breakfast favorite into something magical! The custard is similar to the base of ice cream. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. You can have Chocolate Pannetone French Toast w/ Mascerated Strawberries using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pannetone French Toast w/ Mascerated Strawberries
- It’s 2 of mini chocolate pannetone loafs; sliced horizontally in thirds.
- You need 1/2 lb of strawberries; trimmed & small dice.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon; juiced.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 C of half and half.
- You need 1 t of cinnamon.
- You need 2 t of espresso powder.
- It’s 1 t of banana extract.
- Prepare as needed of maple syrup.
- It’s as needed of powdered sugar.
Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; press with palms to fully submerge. Transfer the French toast to a baking sheet and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread slices. Top with the macerated strawberries.or maple syrup.or powdered sugar.
Chocolate Pannetone French Toast w/ Mascerated Strawberries instructions
- Combine lemon juice, strawberries, and sugar together in a small bowl. Let sit at room temperature for atleast 30 minutes. The longer they marinate the better..
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, half and half, banana extract, cinnamon, and espresso powder. Let sit for 20 minutes..
- Preheat griddle to 375°.
- Melt 3T butter when griddle is ready..
- Dip each slice of pannetone in the batter. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side. Add 3 T burter to the griddle befire flipping. Do not move bread around or flip more than once!.
- Garnish with maple syrup then powdered sugar..
- Serve with mascerated strawberries..
- Variations; milk, heavy cream, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, clove, caramel, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, coconut, coffee grounds, goji berries, honey, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, raisins, vanilla.
Transfer the French toast to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven. Whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until combined. Pour evenly over the panettone in the dish. Panettone French Toast Casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for Christmas morning! This bakes up soft and custardy, and it's studded with mini chocolate chips!